Harrier for OW PVE?

Annonrae.3681

Has anyone tried Harrier in open world pve? Yes, I know, "anything goes", but before I invest in making the armor/converting my ascended stuff to Harrier, I'd like some input. I exclusively play open world content, NOT raids, NOT fractals, on my ranger. So: HoT maps + metas, PoF bounties, core Tyria events, and in between I spend 99% of my time soloing, with the odd dungeon thrown in here and there. I am not interested in condi ranger. I have a Reaper I can swap to Scourge when I feel the need to scratch that itch. I'd like to heal a decent-ish amount in events like Unbound Guardian without sacrificing my personal damage ( low as it is, on power ranger, compared to other classes ) when I'm doing stuff on my own, and above all I'd like to avoid having to lug around a second/third armor set or having to switch around my build too much before or during each encounter.

Experience, anyone?

@Annonrae.3681 said:Has anyone tried Harrier in open world pve? Yes, I know, "anything goes", but before I invest in making the armor/converting my ascended stuff to Harrier, I'd like some input. I exclusively play open world content, NOT raids, NOT fractals, on my ranger. So: HoT maps + metas, PoF bounties, core Tyria events, and in between I spend 99% of my time soloing, with the odd dungeon thrown in here and there. I am not interested in condi ranger. I have a Reaper I can swap to Scourge when I feel the need to scratch that itch. I'd like to heal a decent-ish amount in events like Unbound Guardian without sacrificing my personal damage ( low as it is, on power ranger, compared to other classes ) when I'm doing stuff on my own, and above all I'd like to avoid having to lug around a second/third armor set or having to switch around my build too much before or during each encounter.

Experience, anyone?

I haven't used Harrier, but the damage is likely to be very low, I have a zealots set I use and even that is low so Harrier is going to be 25% or more lower than that. If you get Harrier armor with Water runes and the rest berzerker, you'll have 40% boon duration, 500 healing power, still 40% crit chance and 205% crit damage (193% without sotw) which is likely enough for your purposes.

Archived