Warrior sustain

kiranslee.4829

Can we have serious discussion about roaming wvw warrior builds ?Im playing on eu servers and used to main war for a log time, so i guess i have some idea on how class works (10k hours on war). I think that for past 1y warrior is a joke roaming class in wvw. I met several really great war players , but whwn dueling or doing normal 1v1 , its so easy to drain them of their skills and kill them , its really getting sad.Not to go into details, i more wish ur opinion, what class you as roamer war can face and hope to win right now , and pls dont say warrior :) ?My opinion is, none. War currently cant sustain himself in 1v1 . Ofc here im not talking about bunker builds that cant kill anything, so no shout minstrel war talk.

I go pure CC now and just win through CC chaining.

I literally Kicked someone to death after they mistakenly used their Stunbreak and Stab skills early in the fight.

Between Stomp, Kick, Bull Rush, Shield Bash and Full Counter, yu can fight anyone who is stupid enough to go all in.

That being said, Signet of Healing is a meme now.Just get a proper low CD chunky heal, like Mending. (which is great because it's also a Physical skill)

DisclaimerIm playing a core defense war and also play core tactics occasionly (EU). I think Spb has alot less problems because it has boon removal and more defense while running Berserker stats. Althoug I much prefer somone that plays spellbreaker to speak up and give intel on its state.

The only class or rather builds war has very little chance or stalemates with are.

1. bunker ele (bunker condi)its hard to lock them down because they
    have a lot of stunbreaks heal andbarrier.if your not running tactics or berserkerspower its a stalemate pretty much
  2. Power Ranger LB/GSIt is very hard to pressure them anwithout Objects to hide behind its anigtmare to fight.
  3. Power scourge. Although this one couldbe simply on me. I do not really knowhow to fight really good scourge players.

Hard machups would prob be.Holo, thief maybe guardian(especially Symbolbrand with Axe)

Even enough.Power Rev, condi Ranger, Mesmer(any build), Elementalist, Engineer( not Holo and no acid bomb abuse), Reaper, core Guardian

Easy matchupscore necro, condi rev (althoug can be stalemate depending on your build.

Btw. you said war was a joke the last year. Before February patch warrior was arguably one of the best Duellist. Stalemate with Ranger and bunker ele, aside from that all very doable and favourable matchups.

@Alabastrum.9361 said:DisclaimerIm playing a core defense war and also play core tactics occasionly (EU). I think Spb has alot less problems because it has boon removal and more defense while running Berserker stats. Althoug I much prefer somone that plays spellbreaker to speak up and give intel on its state.

The only class or rather builds war has very little chance or stalemates with are.

1. bunker ele (bunker condi)its hard to lock them down because they

have a lot of stunbreaks heal andbarrier.if your not running tactics or berserkerspower its a stalemate pretty much

2. Power Ranger LB/GSIt is very hard to pressure them anwithout Objects to hide behind its anigtmare to fight.
  3. Power scourge. Although this one couldbe simply on me. I do not really knowhow to fight really good scourge players.

Hard machups would prob be.Holo, thief maybe guardian(especially Symbolbrand with Axe)

Even enough.Power Rev, condi Ranger, Mesmer(any build), Elementalist, Engineer( not Holo and no acid bomb abuse), Reaper, core Guardian

Easy matchupscore necro, condi rev (althoug can be stalemate depending on your build.

Btw. you said war was a joke the last year. Before February patch warrior was arguably one of the best Duellist. Stalemate with Ranger and bunker ele, aside from that all very doable and favourable matchups.

Thanks for your reply.I must really disagree with you on few points.Condi mesmer, i hardly see how you would have chance due to boonstrip and condi spam.Thief, d/p, de rifle, and lets not forget sw/p that was nerfed now.Condi rev, here i really dont see how u think war can fight one, on any build.All this i mention consider same or close skill lvl of player.I wish im wrong on this but i hardly think i am.Cheers again for re.

I would be glad to back up my claims with duells. I mostly play on weekends in the evening. I also have the pass to armistice bastion. Or there is always pvp. In wvw its even easier to fight condi thanks to signet of cleansing( up to3condi clear per 10sec) and rune of durability(1sec Resistance every 20sec).

Like I said I play core defense. My build has an exreme amount of condi clears. You can still die to condi but as long as you play it right. You can even resustain against condi builds in 1v1 =)

About the simiar skilllevel thing. If you want to succesfully solo roam you need to have more skill than the players you could be facing. After all its not like everyone runs arround alone.If you want to fight ppl on similar skillevel ranked pvp is a better place to go.(althoug conquest is in its essence more about nodes and points rather than fights)

Write me ingame if you want to take me up on my offer. I will probably not be online till friday afternoon/evening.

See you on the battelfield

@kiranslee.4829 said:Thanks for your reply.I must really disagree with you on few points.Condi mesmer, i hardly see how you would have chance due to boonstrip and condi spam.Thief, d/p, de rifle, and lets not forget sw/p that was nerfed now.Condi rev, here i really dont see how u think war can fight one, on any build.All this i mention consider same or close skill lvl of player.I wish im wrong on this but i hardly think i am.Cheers again for re.

Condi mesmer actually isn't too bad to fight, so long as you've got decent condi clear, maybe Sigil of Cleansing for good measure too. We've got lots of ways to create space, evade, block, etc which prevents the condi bursts. Most of the damage comes from Torment+Confusion combo but that's only two condi and if you clear one then it opens opportunities for yourself.

Thief D/P should kick a Warriors ass, no question. The blind spam alone is enough but then factor in that they can reset the fight whenever makes it near-impossible.Thief S/D... Ehhhh 60/40 for the Thief to win that one. Depends heavily on the technical skill of the Thief player's mechanics. There are some NUTTY S/D Thieves out there.

Condi Rev is similar to Mesmer, we've got a decent toolkit for preventing their condi application but with the added benefit that almost all of the Revs attacks require melee range/are short distance. Face tanking any condi build is the fastest way to die so skill management, correctly kiting and diving for damage is key.