Shouldn’t be meta

Dantheman.3589

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Thief at released was and still is defined as a “deadly dueling class”. Thief diversity isn’t supposed to be limited to its pitiful diversity, which for a meta class is actually incredibly low.

I think you don't understand what I wrote. To put it simply the thief have been designed around using the stealth attack which is in itself a toxic design. And ANet's devs can't do anything about it now. In itself the thief isn't a "deadly duelling class" it's an "ambush class" by design. Which make anything like support, sustain damage, tanking or proper "duelling" extremly awkward to add to it's kit. Because, no, dealing damage on unsuspecting foes from stealth isn't "duelling".

Well daredevil d/p is kind of more of a dueling class than an ambush class right now due to how low backstab damage is. Stealth only serves as a defense. If you’re running core, deadeye, or condi I can see the complaint though. I just think there are far worse things to deal with right now other than thief. Like a holo having access to stealth, invuln, barrier, reflects, blocks, constant high regen, condition conversion, super speed, and lots of cc. It’s honesty kind of laughable as I’m typing this all out. Like, what in the world? Lmao