Mount Dye Panel Acts Oddly When First Used

I'm alt hopping to dye my Spooky Mounts. I've noticed some odd behavior, in that when first toggling to a mount it has all pale brown squares even though in the world it's got the default spooky bones look. If I use Dye Remover on the 4 squares, I then get the actual default colors. See https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/149652082784206849/370314599993442304/MountDye.JPG

It's not a huge deal since I can directly apply different dyes, or use dye remover and then apply my preferred colors, and that seems to stick. But it is a polish issue, so I'm reporting it.

Addendum -- post reset and some game play, I'm continuing the alt hopping dyeing. Now for some reason I'm getting the same muddy brown but it's actually applying to the mount in the world. Using Dye Remover will put it to the default spooky look, and choosing other dyes will dye as per normal. The chosen dyes do persist through character relog. So again, not a huge deal, it simply jolts the eye a bit.

And edit: After posting this while checking the dye persistence on a previously dyed alt, I returned to my current one and the defaults are in place except for the muddy browns on the skimmer, other than Blue Ice for its bone markings (which has been in place on all the odd brown mounts -- raptor got Ebony bones, too). Something wonky is going on.

Not a MAC here, nope. It's not game wrecking, at all, so a repair seems an unneeded time investment just now. It's rather akin to the long standing outfit panel dye issue, which often initially loads with my armor dyes and a quick double tap of "H" to close and reopen the window is all I need to get it looking right. That one was reported by many people back when you could never get the outfit panel showing actual dyes and did get fixed in a patch to the current behavior. It could be that others are experiencing the same thing as me, but because it's so easily ignored haven't bothered to report it. I only reported it in case some ANet debugger needed the info.

As long as the dyes never reset from my chosen palettes, this is a one-time issue per alt. And a very minor issue at that.

Archived