LVL 80 booster question

Hi there!

I've come back after a very long time and i've got HoT and PoF so now i' have 2 lvl 80 boosters. I have a lvl 80 elementalist that i left long time ago as i said, with yellow rarity armor (the quality below exotic thats orange). The game states that if I use the booster on this character it gives me some items, the same items more or less that i would receive if i used the boost on a low level toon, EXCEPT lvl 80 exotic armor. Is there a way so the game gives that lvl 80 ele the exotic armor that comes with the boost? or do i have to make a new one??

thanks in advance.

@jwaz.1908 said:I believe the exotic armor is soulbound to the character you boost, so you wouldn't be able to transfer it to your ele.

Yeah it's soulbound, but my intention is to use the booster only to get the items for the ele.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:You'd get the level 80 exotic armor on a level 80 or a level 1; you get the exotic equipment no matter what. So, you could indeed just use it on your existing ele and get the exotic armor.

The problem is that I haven't seen the equipment set in the list of goodies presented when using the boost, but i've seen it when tried to activarte it in a non lvl 80 toon :S

@Madine Oxlade.8574 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:You'd get the level 80 exotic armor on a level 80 or a level 1; you get the exotic equipment no matter what. So, you could indeed just use it on your existing ele and get the exotic armor.

The problem is that I haven't seen the equipment set in the list of goodies presented when using the boost, but i've seen it when tried to activarte it in a non lvl 80 toon :S

You definitely get it. I used my first boost on a level 80 character, and she got the box of exotic gear. The wiki page for the boost also says what you get, and even has a note towards the bottom about level 80 characters getting the box of exotic gear. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

"Consuming it will replace the character's trial equipment by a permanent set of exotic equipment that shares the same qualities as their trial gear, and a Level-80 Boost Package filled with rewards and a Package of Old Equipment with the old gear will be placed in their inventory.

If the Level-80 Boost is used on a level 80 character, they will receive a Level-80 Equipment Package instead of a Package of Old Equipment."

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

You definitely get it. I used my first boost on a level 80 character, and she got the box of exotic gear. The wiki page for the boost also says what you get, and even has a note towards the bottom about level 80 characters getting the box of exotic gear.

"Consuming it will replace the character's trial equipment by a permanent set of exotic equipment that shares the same qualities as their trial gear, and a Level-80 Boost Package filled with rewards and a Package of Old Equipment with the old gear will be placed in their inventory.
If the Level-80 Boost is used on a level 80 character, they will receive a Level-80 Equipment Package instead of a Package of Old Equipment."

Thanks so much!

Archived