Mirage - Condition Tank with Trailblazer Stats

Sol VIII.6812

The last days I was working on the idea of making a Mirage-Mesmer with Trailblazer-stats, but still have some questions (the equipment I already created works well on my Scourge too, as ascended Trailblazer-gear is actually cheaper than exotic).

This is my current (planned) build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQNAnfWnELD1LjNoBWoBUrhlXDDNA8FaC+/vC4C0MFMcqJA-jRiOABYeKAMX5X+KBLZfAZXYwY9BAohwa1fy8JAAA-e

I have following questions:

• Is the duration increase of "Dune Cloak" subjected to the duration cap? As it is a conditional condition increase I am really unsure about it?
  • If "Dune Cloak" won't give me more than +7% duration, would "Infinite Horizon" be worthwhile with the Ambush-skills from Clones or is the damage just as miniscule as common Clone-damage, so that "Elusive Mind" is simply the best choice by utility?

Of course any other kind of improvement suggestions is appreciated.

In WvW -> elusive mind is superior. Elusive Mind wins duels.In PvE(open world) -> Due to the fact u allready got 90%+ Duration, IH is better. If u dont want to spent all phantasms for the first monster u're encountering, u can go with double clones from axe 2 and an axe ambush - > stacks confusion like it's christmas.

Wouldn't recommend Chaos in open world - > duelling + pistol is stronger with ineptidude + Shatters.

Jaunt is a must-have in open World, Time Warp CD is just too high. If u want quickness by any means, superior rune of Cavalier might be ur thing - Enables Dune cloak again due to the Condi duration loss.

Another option is to forget about 100% overall condi duration and be happy with 100% confusion- u can swap runes and ur sigil then (sigil of energy).If u want to go with chaos remember it's second Minor ; 3% boon+condi - duration for every boon currently on urself. In an IH Build Confusion is certainly the Main - Condition.With 100% Confu - duration u can actually achieve a burst of 60 stacks confusion(when using EVERYTHING U HAVE - > u are vunerable then!)

Axe 2 twice, Jaunt -> 3 Clones -> Illusionary Ambush - > 3 Clone ambush -> axe 3 -> dodge 3 clone ambush-> Jaunt -> F2 - >F1,3,4 + remaining Jaunts.

Related traits > Self deception, Illusionary Retribution, Blinding Dissipatation, Ineptitude, Infinite Horizon.Self deception makes it easier to get those 3 clones in the begining.U can swap blinding and Ineptitude for reflects and deceptive evasion. This way u can axe 2 once, Jaunt -> dodge , for a 3 clone Ambush.Quick bursts will only loose 4 stacks of confusion this way (riddle once + ineptitude once). Allows multiple 3 clone ambushes + shatters.

When running axe/torch, i'm advising scepter(sword)/pistol as second set.

If u have run fractals in ur last months u can achieve every stats with fractal armor. Was the was to go for me, since i was only doing fractal dailys for at least 2 months, because of work. Full ascended Armor set from Fractals is 88 Fractal Pages + ~20(?) Grandmaster-signs. Way cheaper then crafting it the normal way, but needs more time in conclusion.

I just crafted my set recently so it won't be cheap or convenient to get a new one from fractals. Besides, i'm going to start going to WvW, maybe i'll get the ascended armor from there, or in the meantime, get gold and convert it to trailblazer's.

I checked GW2efficiency, 20 tailors marks are 200 gold. That's not exactly cheap, converting the armor is way cheaper. But considering it asks for 50 time gated materials, that gold price is fine i guess, you can do a lot in almost 2 months.

It's just that, i can't get the trailblazer's trinkets because i don't have LS3 yet so eh... I'll see where i go with this, in the meantime, my viper's and other various mixed condi trinkets are good enough.

@Coulter.2315 said:I would drop the phantasm traits in Illusions and take MtD and Master of Fragmentation, you're using phantasms that really don't hit for much with your build and seems wasted traits to buff them. I would also suggest Dueling over Chaos.

I see a lot of people use dueling for some reason, but i fail to see why dueling? Isn't dueling more suited for power builds and phantasms that stay summoned?

EDIT: Is it because of the bleeding? In that case, it's not much use in a trailblazer build, pistols need to crit for bleeding, and trailblazer's has no crit chance.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:I would drop the phantasm traits in Illusions and take MtD and Master of Fragmentation, you're using phantasms that really don't hit for much with your build and seems wasted traits to buff them. I would also suggest Dueling over Chaos.

I see a lot of people use dueling for some reason, but i fail to see why dueling? Isn't dueling more suited for power builds and phantasms that stay summoned?

EDIT: Is it because of the bleeding? In that case, it's not much use in a trailblazer build, pistols need to crit for bleeding, and trailblazer's has no crit chance.

ineptitude + traited pistol + blind on shatter. Pistol 4 will give something arround 4 bleeds. Interruption resets ur pistol abilitys. A good pistol 5 + F3 or daze mantra can reload ur pistol abilitys instantly.

In WvW however Chaos is just fine, but trait staff then.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

ineptitude + traited pistol + blind on shatter. Pistol 4 will give something arround 4 bleeds. Interruption resets ur pistol abilitys. A good pistol 5 + F3 or daze mantra can reload ur pistol abilitys instantly.

In WvW however Chaos is just fine, but trait staff then.

This is what i'm using now, except for the correct gear, but this build.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAna7anELD1LjNoBWoBMMjlhjyMA2sGCd0KtTzf67+vH-jBSoABfp/JmnUAAqC8maP1s/gMnUBJVC+nyv1BIAnr5aumr5O35O3H4AH4AH4AGgDM35eg5O3DcgDcApAgZnG-e

I'm not missing the bleed and reloads honestly. Chaos has much more utility for conditions than Dueling does. 4 stacks of bleed isn't really worth changing to dueling for. Unless you're using 3 phantasms but that's another build.

Chaos has Chaotic transference (condi damage based on toughness), Chaotic persistence (condi and boon duration increased) and Bountiful dissilusionment that gives 5 stacks of might on F1 shatter, so that's extra condition damage for might stacks, extra damage for toughness (which trailblazer's has plenty of), and extra condition duration.On top of that, you get a nice chaos storm when you heal or drop from heights. The first trait also gives regeneration.

I don't know if all this is worth sacrificing for bleed honestly cause that's kinda the only thing dueling has, and it's all based on dealing crits which you're not going to be doing consistently for it to matter. Oh, and staff is a power weapon apparently, read it in another thread. The phantasm scales with power, and the rest of staff skills are kinda lackluster. Plus, you get chaos storm from healing so...

@Sol VIII.6812 Infinite horizon makes all of your clones do the ambush with you meaning, if an ambush stacks 2 confusion 1 torment (example), all of your clones attacks will stack 2 confusion 1 torment so that's your stack + 3 more stacks. Well, when it works anyway, most of mirage skills are kinda stuck in limbo. They're bugged but not so bugged that makes them unusable so we just have to live with it cause it's not top patch priority. That's the most powerful trait you can take for mirage if you're not using phantasms. Dune cloak is for when you're using phantasms, particularly pistol phantasms, and elusive mind is situational, you don't need it all the time, change it for a nasty boss that does stuns or has a lot of conditions. It's good for WvW condi clense, but you can never totally clense conditions in this game so don't rely on it.

Thx for all the comments so far.

I forgot that clones, while useless for a Power-Build are actually useful for applying conditions, so using them will be a good choice for me.I am a bit unsure about my secondary weapon now, since I put some hopes in the Phantasmal Mage of the torch (the torch I created isn't wasted anyway, because my scourge can still use it). It is pretty easy to reforge my Caladbolg Irdi for a second set, where I can use it I guess, but getting an ascended Pistol with Trailblazer-stats might be a bit harder.

You can use a focus for a secondary weapon. Focus phantasm is useless for damage, but focus in general is great for utility, temporal curtain gives you haste and pull, which is great for some AOE damage when you group mobs, and the phantasm reflects projectiles, although that's questionable about the usefulness of it. But you're gonna shatter it anyway, you're not keeping them up so choose one that you like really, it makes little difference.

I say, if you already have the torch, stick with it. It has some burn, stealth and that phantasm will buff everyone with fury while it's up so it's ok. None of the off hand weapons are a must for mirage, they're more situational. Axe and scepter are condition applying, but off hand you can choose which one you like.

Archived