Best class in PvP & best class in PvE

Hello! I don't know if it's okay to ask here but I haven't found another category where to ask certain things about the class. I would like advice for starters, I mean I'm a beginner, I started as an engineer but I saw that it's hard as an engineer in PvE, plus I don't have the necessary knowledge of builds, I haven't played all the classes yet, what would you recommend me to do? The second character, I am interested in having a good character for PvE for example (I think this includes Raids and Fractals) and a good character for PvP (WvW and other PvP modes). And please, those of you who want to come to the "troll" and say that YouTube is full of videos and guides, I want the opinion of players, not just opinion of content creators.

@"LilSpark.4567" said:Hello! I don't know if it's okay to ask here but I haven't found another category where to ask certain things about the class.

the best section for this is: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/professions if you're asking something about which class for which mode for example.

I started as an engineer but I saw that it's hard as an engineer in PvEand each of the subforums there for anything specific like engineer in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/engineer related for example

on to your topic: if you want the best class for PVP and PVE, without taking into account your preferences or playstyle -- then i'd say it's Guardian and it's 2 elite specs easily.

it has a meta build in all game modes (raids, strikes, fractals, spvp, wvw)

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"LilSpark.4567" said:Hello! I don't know if it's okay to ask here but I haven't found another category where to ask certain things about the class.

the best section for this is:
if you're asking something about which class for which mode for example.

I started as an engineer but I saw that it's hard as an engineer in PvEand each of the subforums there for anything specific like engineer in
related for example

i see that before.. but i think it's not oke to post there because i ask for all classes, not for one class ^^

edited my post to give a generic answer to your question. but to make it easier for other people to suggest something (as there is no actual "best") then you need to specify how you play (do you prefer to be support? damage? healer? melee combat? easy/brain dead rotation? complicated/not-boring rotation?) etc.

@"LilSpark.4567" said:i see that before.. but i think it's not oke to post there because i ask for all classes, not for one class ^^

the https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/professions forum literally says "All About Professions" so nothing specific to one class.

I don't want to troll but I would say that no one can answer you 100% because we don't know your skill level or how much time you want to invest in something.

For me personally the best class in PVE is Mesmer(and Ele). I love this class. Its aesthetics and its diversity. With my Chrono I used to save my whole group from wiping more than once in fractals and with my Mirage I always got top DMG numbers in fractals and raids. Mirage is super easy while Chrono requires a bit more attention as support in my opinion( I know a really good Mesmer who can play everything from A-Z in his sleep).I play the class because it brings me fun, because I like the mix between challenge and easy-peasy.

The same for the Ele, you can play it super easy, or for me personally a bit harder as Weaver. But even there, there are enough people who play Weaver in their sleep, while it makes me nervous in the long run to pay attention to what I click when to get into the right mood.

I had Engie as my main for a long time towards the end, my little wolfgod-asura. Even with him I played top dmg numbers in raid without having problems.

So you see. Everyone can tell you his personal opinion about classes, how he plays them and everything. This may help you in your choice, but whether you can then play them exactly the same, or want to invest the time to learn to play this class is the other thing.Because class-wise, all are good and all are playable. In the end, it depends on how well you get along with a class and that has a lot to do with personal aesthetics and the feeling of how a class plays.

My tip would be to simply try out the classes. If you are interested in fractals and raids, sooner or later you will have all classes anyway. Especially in raids, I have repeatedly made the experience that it is always good to have 1-2 other classes in the luggage that you can do well.