Not detargetted on left click option

I've been playing this game since launch and I have had an issue with dropping targets since the game launch. I was wondering if there would ever be an option to make left click not detarget and maybe a drop target keybind as well since you would still need to drop targets. There are promote targets to lock when hitting or something along those lines and it seems to do nothing.

I support this request, I'd like to see an option [sticky Targeting] prevent de-targeting plus a key-bind [Drop Target]. And one for [Cancel Cast], which does not stop auto-run and close windows. Single purpose key-bind make our life much easier, especially in laggy or crowded battle situation. [stow Weapon] doesn't work for engineer kit abilities, bundles, etc.

@Sailorz.5426 said:I've been playing this game since launch and I have had an issue with dropping targets since the game launch. I was wondering if there would ever be an option to make left click not detarget and maybe a drop target keybind as well since you would still need to drop targets. There are promote targets to lock when hitting or something along those lines and it seems to do nothing.

gw1 was like this -- by default left clicking does not de-target and instead moves you to the location on the field that you clicked -- with gw2 being a game built from gw1's engine i imagine they can easily implement a function/option similar to what you request.

personally though i have no issue with clicking on the field to clear the current target since it's how most modern tab target games behave by default (WoW and if im not mistaken FF14 is like this) however these games do have the option to enable/disable such behaviour