What about separate Archetype skills from pets.

anduriell.6280

The other day i was trying to use Spiders for zerg gameplay in WvW and i found Spiders do not have a Supportive or Stout Archetype which is super incovenient. When playing in zerg that additional group healing is better than any other Archetype skills but it wasn't there. 

Then i though let's use Moa then, they have a AoE heal which could be nice, but then again Moa family does not have a Supportive Archetype. It is extremely fustrating not to be able to use the pet i would like simply because a design limitation. 

Can we get to pick the Archetypes from he Soulbeast GMs so they are not put together with the pets? It is true there are 5 archetypes and only 3 GMs available if it would be me i would put some of them together like Primal Cry and Worldly Impact. Let's call it Wordly Cry and then some balance.

I dunno,  just to make it better. Right from the moment Soulbeast was nerfed by having just one pet available during combat the current combinations between pet and archetype feels  extremely limiting

I can't insist enough in how bad it feels to want to play soulbeast and be somehow  be forced into a couple of specific pets. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
some grammar fixing, clarifying some sentences
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I can't insist enough in how bad it feels to want to play soulbeast and be somehow  be forced into a couple of specific pets. 

Not explicitly related to archetypes, but this is a problem with pets in general lol

They're all so bad except for like 5 of them. Out of 55? Oof.

Half of em can't even hit a moving target (but Signet of Humility moa'd pets can cause ???)

Gameplay and balance concerns aside, I don't know that it's that fitting in a lot of the missing cases.

I feel like it's more likely that they add a couple pets here and there where they fit, such as a supportive moa. Make it the green or golden one idk.

Like, a stout spider/bird doesn't necessarily make that much sense, y'know? Arachnids aren't exactly the most sturdy things and birds got them hollow bones. Fantasy game and all but within the rules of the game they aren't exactly the most beefy.

Maybe if the GW1 Phoenix shows up in Cantha it could be stout since magic or something.

Edited by Shagie.7612