Test of Faith

Berrok.7412

Hi,

I'm currently running this with berserk build and it is quite possible

If the target runs past the Test of Faith and perfectly gets crit - damage done would be at least 8k.

Best way around this would be dodging out of and get stability so you don't get yoinked in-and-out of the trap.

The damage can be mitigated however if you are running something with toughness and raw power damage reduction.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

If you try to blink/flash/teleport away it deals like 10 times the damage.

The only way to dodge it is ... to dodge it to the regular.

I did not notice the 10x value damage change. Had a friend on thief pass through the traps take normal damage and shadowsteps seem to dodge the trap border entirely.

May I know what skill you used to blink / flash / teleport in order trigger what you meant? Gonna do some tests on this.

Edited by Knightmare Legion.9640
Grammar

Well i play with thife the things is this dmg was done under 1 sec when you have consider the fact that i was in knockdown i could not touch the edge of trap twice how ever still dont think thouse type of dmg should be possible consider the fact that this skill could do tone of insane dmg

7 hours ago, Knightmare Legion.9640 said:

I did not notice the 10x value damage change. Had a friend on thief pass through the traps take normal damage and shadowsteps seem to dodge the trap border entirely.

May I know what skill you used to blink / flash / teleport in order trigger what you meant? Gonna do some tests on this.

He's just messing around. The skill always does the same amount of damage to people who cross the border, and teleporting through the border counts as crossing it (think of teleporting as just moving extremely quickly). You do not take 10 times the damage unless u manage to cross the border 10 times during the 6 seconds it's up xD

The screenshot says you got hit twice for a total of 16k damage and I am quite sure those two hits were from crossing the edge.
The traps bonus damage also triggers if you get knocked back from things like shield5 and bow3.
You can bounce people through the edge multiple times this way.

Maybe dodging sideways out of the trap is safer if you expect some sort of knockback coming at you if you dont have stability.

Edited by Malitias.8453
no necro there, I keepe mistaking the icons for some reason..