Warrior: Armored Attack not working correctly

Suma.3278

While thinking about new possibilites in Raid group combinations I tried a Phalanx Strength Spellbreaker Tank Build.

To the point: The trait Armored Attack in Defense does really weird stuff! You should gain 10% of your toughness as power but this is not working with half the stuff that gives toughness.After exploring this further the following stuff gives the correct amount as far as I can tell:Armor, Runes, Weapons, Trinkets, Bowl of Tropical Mousse (Toughness food) and the Grandmaster trait "Rousing Resilience" after stunbreaking, the firebrand skill "Epilogue: Unbroken Lines" works as well.

NOT WORKING:"Thick Skin" (base trait of Defense), Dolyak Signet, Banner of Defense, picking up an Earth Shield and the Guardian trait "Strength in Numbers", Halloween buff from Lump of Crystallized Nougat.

This makes a power based tank build worse than it already is, if the base trait and dolyak signet are both not giving the expected power buff...

I was not able to try out the Enhancement: Potion of Karka Toughness from Southsun Cove yet. Maybe I get back to that.

@darghe.3072 said:Spiked Armor is bugged as well, the toughness gained from getting retaliation does not give any power.

The Karka Toughness potion however gives you power.

Thank you, darghe for testing the other two possiblities.

@Crossaber.8934 said:If you are making a tank build, why do you give up defy pain for extra power then?

The other 2 traits are no match against defy pain imo, they should be more competitive..

Defy pain is by far the better choice if you create PvP or Wvw builds with Defense but in a Raid scenario I have no need for it because I'll block everything with Full Counter or my Shield. With Armored Attack I could reach easily more Power than any full Berserker build if the trait would work correctly...

But besides the point the trait, actually EVERY trait, should work like the description regardless of usefulness in the current meta game.

• 5 months later...

It's hard to tell what is or isn't a bug when it comes to stat conversions. It has never been applied to everything but there has never been any clear statement from the devs on what the behavior should be or what the rules for governing what should convert. It's a similar to the situation back when on crit sigils had a hidden shared cooldown.

Archived