Custom languages in game

Dear support team! I want to ask you about custom function of additional languages. how hard it is for game devs? Good good I know about the policy of the company translations and I read the forum, but how about some ideas of custom translations for players? Devs just create option for input txt file or smthn, and players will add their words in dialogs or interface, using default UTF words or smthn. or desvs create some archive with floders with words in some game folder. For examle bethesda games hame same function. Like skyrim, addon system in wow or eso, and ofc where is my BORK BORK BORK language? ps ofc i dont ask about translation in video or some static cutscene translations, and even dont ask about voice language. im ask only about text, only text.

Edited by nightshadow.7108
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I cannot disagree. Recently, for personal reasons, it is not possible to constantly play your favorite GW2. But entering new events in living history after a long break, it is very difficult without language. Again, I myself have been spending more time in the TESO project lately. And yes, they have a huge influx of players and online after the introduction of the Russian language.

Edited by Helgi.7659
  • Like 9

Nice idea but i hopes ANet will do few more official localisation with a Steam Release 🙂

There is one hard thing with a fan-translation — we cannt keep temp of the LW releases.

I've tried to translate Russian Wiki with 8-10 ppl in 2012 but we're burned out in 2 years. Yeah, now it's NOT SO HARD like Season 1 with updates every 2 weeks but its STILL HARD.

• Thanks 2

I think it is very unlikely that they add something like that. They would have to monitor everything and that’s a waste of money and resources because the majority of players would not benefit from it. 
I am not a native English speaker but I play the game in English and it’s not that hard to understand. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, nightshadow.7108 said:

I hope arenanet staff will read us and tell something

They already responded, years ago, saying that it was not on the table. They really do not need to repeat that every half a year (which is how often the russian language topics resurface). If they decide to change their mind someday you will dfinitely hear about it, but for now you do have your answer.

• Thanks 4

Here is the official response:

By the same token, we cannot accept and implement community-translated text, because verifying and implementing the input would be very time consuming and costly. (Consider that inputting text involves things beyond words -- it also can involve videos, animation, and more.)

We have received offers to do community translation for Russian, Hungarian, Czech, and several other languages. We regret that we are not able to offer Guild Wars 2 in every language, but doing so simply would not be feasible, even with the kind offers of the community.

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They already responded, years ago, saying that it was not on the table. They really do not need to repeat that every half a year (which is how often the russian language topics resurface). If they decide to change their mind someday you will dfinitely hear about it, but for now you do have your answer.

This topic is created not only about Russian language and not about addition of official translation from other languages, I would say the question here about custom translations in global language system (Polish, Romanian, Portuguese, Italian, it does not matter), this topic is more about translation with player hands

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Here is the official response:

By the same token, we cannot accept and implement community-translated text, because verifying and implementing the input would be very time consuming and costly. (Consider that inputting text involves things beyond words -- it also can involve videos, animation, and more.)

We have received offers to do community translation for Russian, Hungarian, Czech, and several other languages. We regret that we are not able to offer Guild Wars 2 in every language, but doing so simply would not be feasible, even with the kind offers of the community.

Yes i see this topic today but we gotta look at the question: Give us a translation to our language!

And answer: no we cant, because we need to hire translators, pay for voices, change cinematic

But i trying to go with another way, easy way: text, only text customization, without translation, just some code reading for text

Edited by nightshadow.7108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, nightshadow.7108 said:

Yes i see this topic today but we gotta look at the question: Give us a translation to our language!

And answer: no we cant, because we need to hire translators, pay for voices, change cinematic

But i trying to go with another way, easy way: text, only text customization, without translation, just some code reading for text

That answer included also community translation projects.

Edit: yeah, i get it, it's not the answer you wanted - but it is the answer you got. Don't expect them to repeat it every single time someone raises the subject on forums.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 3