Runecrafter vs Silverfed

28 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'm more trying to set expectations for people, because if they just want to make gold, there are much more easier ways to do it. Like you need 5 million salvages to break even on the copper kit so that's not really the point of it. Runecrafter is definitely a more complex case because it does perform a unique function.

Obviously everyone values their time differently, but they need to know what the benefits of said item actually are.

I certainly agree they are not to make gold.  They are to put in shared inventory slots and never have to think about buying/making salvage kits again.   For me when I'm going through stacks of unidentified gear it is totally worth it.

1 hour ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

I don't find that an issue myself.  Click my copper fed, then salvage all fine and lower.  Then click runecrafter and salvage all masterwork and lower.  It takes just a few seconds to go trough an entire inventory of blues and greens.

Edit for clarity:  You right click on your salvage tools for the "salvage all" options.

Don't salvage green accessories like rings with runecrafter use copper fed.   

i use copperfed on blue( no runes or sigils in them)  and lower items.

when using runcrafters you salvage the item for 20 % chance of an upgrade like ecto on rares or t6 material (leather,cloth,oricalcum) if high enough level of the item salvaged.   While you lose %5 compared to silver fed mainly for ectos BUT with runcrafter certain sigils and runes can yield a higher price charm or symbol that fetches more than an ecto. So runcrafter with salvaging items with runes and sigils will give you 20 more chance per hundred at an items that is higher price than an ecto.   If you wanted to get real tedious you can only salve the runes and sigils in items that are guaranteed to be "good" value sumbols and charms.   You will have to learn which ones they are.