Story Disconnects

This has been an problem ever since I started playing GW2. The game has an irritating habit of disconnecting during story steps. It always has. I have tolerated this because I like the game overall. But during this "Living World Return" event, it has come back to haunt me. I've had several story disconnects during this event. Each one requires starting the story step again from the start. Tonight I was attempting to finish the last chapter of 'Head of the Snake' (Confessor's End) and the story disconnected 3 times. Not at the start... no, that would be too easy.

- On the first play-through, it happened immediately after the cut-scene after the fight with Caudecus in his library.

- On the second play-though, it happened a little later in the first circular room below the manor.

- On my third play-through, the story disconnected in the second circular room.

I'm not one for rage quiting... but tonight I'll confess that I ground my teeth together, firmly turned the game off and opened up Disney+ to enjoy some random wholesome entertainment. Ah thank goodness for "Let it go!" it dissipated my urge to throw my computer out of the window.

Disconnects during story steps has been a problem for many years. I've lost count of how many story steps I've had to replay because of 'technical issues'. No, there's nothing wrong with my internet connection. No, there's nothing wrong with my PC. This is literally the only thing that messes-up. Please... if you're going to encourage your entire customer- base to replay story steps... fix this!

Edited by Rockhound.9605
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...