Ascended Gear Salvaging Options

I have hundreds of Ascended armor, weapons and trinkets that I no longer need. Before I start salvaging I would like some assurance from ArenaNet that they aren't going to make these items useful in ways other than they already are. I think outside of making them marketable (sell-able) , which would be WONDERFUL, one way of salvaging these items would be to use the Mystic Forge. However isn't the Mystic Forge designed to only yield more of what you put in , i.e. Ascended items ? This scenario (4 Ascended Items => 1 Ascended Item)  would not be of any interest to me since I am converting over to Legendary entirely.

Am I being overly cautious ? Should I make a MULE and slot this character with all of my unused Ascended gear ? Should I just trash the entire lot ?  I will end by asking other memebers   what they have done. Even salvaging that much material will be expensive, (#20 salvage tool costs 40 Fractal Relics + 20 gold) so outright destruction comes to mind. I just wish there were more options concerning the salvaging of so much Ascended gear. Thanks for letting me ramble and Happy Monday.

Conrad 🙂   

Edited by Michael Conrad.6704
correction of Pristine Fractal Relics to Fractal Relics
  • Confused 1

I never once crafted a single ascended gear... Got all of them as drops and still do which are eating up bank space and char inv space(talking about Armor chest) I did spend few coins for stat swapping gears... So I don't feel that much attached to my asc gears... And salvaging them gives me fractal matrices which can be sold or used for other stuff like fractal god title... Once I unlocked 2 diff weight legy Armor set, I gradually salvaged them 18 asc Armor piece at a time for each character every day and within a week, I sorted out most of the inv space and bank space cleared around 18 x 6 asc Armor piece and 9 x 9 trinket pieces. The only hope I have while salvaging asc items is that anet introduce some recipe to make use of these "balls of dark energy" if possible to mystic coins or clovers.

Also the asc Armor pieces which I haven't used ie still in the form of asc chests , are still in the bank so I can use it for diff build for the medium weight I haven't unlocked legy Armor yet. And also if anet has other ideas like selling those chests to vendors in exchange for mystic coins and clovers, I'd make use of them

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871