Anet Devs, it is about time to fix phantasm issue with open world bosses/bosses with weird hitbox

Ciel.8705

As End of Dragon is coming early next year. I think it is about time Anet look into fixing phantasm issue with open world bosses/bosses with weird hitbox.
Currently, phantasm either can't spawn or spawn but does nothing (idle & despawn) against bosses with weird hitboxes (example: hitbox aren't on ground level).

One of the most prominent boss that has this issue are Auric Basin's Octovine and Fractal's Sunqua's breaking the rock part.

There are probably more than the ones I mentioned.

Fellow mesmers please comment if you have encounter similar issues with any other bosses below.

Anet devs if you are reading this and still have no idea what I am talking about, then please use a mesmer and try hitting Octovine in Auric Basin with phantasm.

This issue have been brought up countless time and has been ignored again and again!

Anet it is time to fix it before we welcome even more new players and mesmers in the world of Tyria.

Threads that highlighted this issue has been ignored over the years (Just some of the threads focusing on Octovine but this issue isn't limited to Octovine. I am sure this has been reported through in-game bug function countless time too):

Edited by Ciel.8705
Added related threads
  • Like 2

Just try any phantasm at Octovine and find out for yourself or even search the forum. You will find that phantasm either don't spawn or spawn and does nothing against bosses like Octovine. There are many others bosses that causes phantasm to have this issue for a long time since HoT release. I mained mesmer since HoT till now.

There are many post that highlighted this long standing issue, but Anet Devs never gotten around to give us an answer or fix.

• Like 2