What is the cheapest ascended armor to craft?

There’s no benefit to crafting a cheap set to stat swap it anymore for a lot of stat combos. Research how much it would cost to directly craft something compared to crafting an item and stat swapping it.

is there a place where this info could be found that is updated dynamically?

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.type=0&filter.weight_class=light

@Daddicus.6128 said:Oh, yes there is. The cost is very low to stat-change. The cost is only the same inscription or insignia you need to craft it, 5 ecto and 10 spirit shards. That's peanuts compared to the full crafting cost.

That's ok, I'll do the research for you.

Nadijeh's (Marshall stat) costs around, Light - 265g / Medium -286g /Heavy - 252g for a full set.The stat you want The Twin's (Greiving) costs around, 242g / 266g / 234g for a full set.

Thackeray's Seraph stats are minutely cheaper than The Twin's, but only by ~25s per piece, you may aswell just craft The Twin's directly.

You do you though.

• Confused 1

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Oh, yes there is. The cost is very low to stat-change. The cost is only the same inscription or insignia you need to craft it, 5 ecto and 10 spirit shards. That's peanuts compared to the full crafting cost.

That's ok, I'll do the research for you.

Nadijeh's (Marshall stat) costs around, Light - 265g / Medium -286g /Heavy - 252g for a full set.
The stat you want
The Twin's (Greiving) costs around, 242g / 266g / 234g for a full set.

Thackeray's Seraph stats are minutely cheaper than The Twin's, but only by ~25s per piece, you may aswell just craft The Twin's directly.

You do you though.

I can't. In the years it has been available, I've never received the insignia recipe, and you can't buy it. With the lesser populations, it's extremely difficult to actually complete those events. So the only way to make them is to stat-change to them.

• Like 1

@Haleydawn , sometimes it's better to stat swap if the insignia and recipe costs large amounts of gold (Zehtuka's ascended recipes still cost quite a bit for some pieces). Especially for things like harrier, at least the last time I did it, it was well worth it because an ascended harrier recipe was 150g and the harrier exotic insignia was 5g.

That's something that gw2e doesn't factor in sometimes. If you just blindly follow it you'd think getting legendary armor pieces was cheap or HoT collection weapons (which are now over 50g due to Mystic Coins and then there's HoT map currencies on top of that).

• Like 2