Abaddon fractal, but different [idea/suggestion?]

castlemanic.3198

I don't really have a cool introduction to the topic idea, so I'll just hop right in.

During the election period in season 1, when we could vote for Kiel or Gnashblade, we basically got a choice between two fractals, a fractal on the chaos magic explosion at the thaumanova reactor (i think), and the Abaddon fractal considering Abaddon's fall.

But I think there's actually a cooler fractal that we could visit. Abaddon's rise to power. We know nothing (or almost nothing) about the previous member of the six gods that Abaddon usurped to become the god of secrets, and we have no history of the gods before the landed on Tyria. Done well, I think it would be really neat to get something about how Abaddon rose to power, having perhaps a literal background of the previous world humans were on, something showing Abaddon's rise to power and possible transformation into the six eyed tentaclehead that we have statues of. What do you think could be explored in a fractal like this. Do you think there's enough of a fine line between Abaddon's rise to power and his fall to warrant a fractal of this nature without it seeming like doing a double take on the community's vote for Kiel? Or if there's another god-related event you'd like to see a fractal of, what would it be?

@castlemanic.3198 said:I don't really have a cool introduction to the topic idea, so I'll just hop right in.

During the election period in season 1, when we could vote for Kiel or Gnashblade, we basically got a choice between two fractals, a fractal on the chaos magic explosion at the thaumanova reactor (i think), and the Abaddon fractal considering Abaddon's fall.

But I think there's actually a cooler fractal that we could visit. Abaddon's rise to power. We know nothing (or almost nothing) about the previous member of the six gods that Abaddon usurped to become the god of secrets, and we have no history of the gods before the landed on Tyria. Done well, I think it would be really neat to get something about how Abaddon rose to power, having perhaps a literal background of the previous world humans were on, something showing Abaddon's rise to power and possible transformation into the six eyed tentaclehead that we have statues of. What do you think could be explored in a fractal like this. Do you think there's enough of a fine line between Abaddon's rise to power and his fall to warrant a fractal of this nature without it seeming like doing a double take on the community's vote for Kiel? Or if there's another god-related event you'd like to see a fractal of, what would it be?

That`s actually a good idea, because it would allow us to peek into the general idea of how a being attains "godhood" to begin with, though it would probably make more sense to do a fractal with Grenth for this (with the huge bonus of a Dhuum boss). It is very loosely hinted that Abbadon acquired his power from an Elder God (as per an apostate), but perhaps this is one of those things that were made to remain a mystery like the Wizard's Tower. For what it's worth, we have non-canon descriptions mentioning Elder Gods of insectoid nature, as well as landmarks from GW1's Realm of Torment featuring very large corpses of insectoid beings. Would be cool if Abbadon actually got his powers from killing a thing like that, and we went through the process in a Fractal. I don't see any conflict with Kiel's election here, as an event like this is probably so old that it would be completely disconnected from whatever else ever happened in game lore.

Archived