As the title says I am making a total Conversion mod. As you've probably guessed it's set in Tyria and is quite and en-devour for just myself... I know literally nothing! I am figuring things out as I go and am handling the map (the hardest part I think) first! Here is the link to the OG thread. It's just me updating people that wanted to know some more about the mod.
I'll be posting weekly updates here and when there is enough interest in this quest I will make a discord server. If you wanna help ask me so, but keep in mind that my knowledge base for modding in CK2 is about as deep puddle I messed my shoes up in this morning. But I am trying my best, and I will do it bit by bit. So! Here is the the first Offical update of the mods thread!
Land of our Dreams is set in GW2's Tyria, with the goal to be to script the events of the game up until PoF. The First part of this is the map. This might be for people that want to learn how to mod with me.
This is the map so far, it is black and white and in a PNG formatt because I can basically use it to copy and paste over to the BMP and DDS formatt without having to do a big pain in the kitten. You might have noticed and said "WAIT! This isn't the map from GW2 or from GW1!" And yes... You are right, I actually merged them together. Lore wise this is unacruate since ORR's sinking and subsequent raising buggered up the coast some... This took a while and you are getting used to this map format. If I get emailed by a de- I mean a nice patron; a good and comprehensible GW2 map then I will be happy to use it.
The road map once the world map is finished is as follows.
1. Get rid of Generically generated characters and add cool lore characters in certain counties
2. Add custom cultures and religons (Non reformable to begin with, then heresy then reformable.)
3. add different ethnics (Races)
4. Figure out the magic system... Might have to ask the Guardians of Azeroth team or the Elderkings team for help on that one... Unless someone joins me and helps.
5. Societies... We need em. Maybe the PvP mists? That'd be neat.
6. Artifacts! I want Items from the game in the mod!
7. Cool descions... Like reform Ascalon or Reclaim orr for men. That was actually one the main driving factors for me making this mod...
8. Bloodlines! I want some bloodlines that you can get! And ones that you can't!
9. Events from the game! But different because they have the issue of taking like... less than one lifetime. And CK2 is not a one lifetime kinda game.
10. Add some kind of portrait? I was thinking I would just take the ingame character editor and give a million and one combinations for each race?
11. I want some events that can make part of Destinies edge... Or bad guy characters... Or make it completely ahistorical. Y'know?
12. Make or get someone to make custom models for armies
13. add wonders! Ruins of Ascalon or other cool things. (Big kitten wall)
14. Make special landmark models on the world map. How cool would it be to seethe great Ascalonian wall on the map? Or the big rubix cube that is Rata sum? It is possible I have seen it done in EK and GoA.
15. Get some god kitten help...
16. Get flags sorted... For Coutnies, Duchies, Kingdoms, and empire.
17. Obviously make some immortal dragons. Really big and powerful, that'd be kitten nice.
18. gather the finest lore MASTAHS of the community. My Guilds Lore Mastah(s) is pretty neat but they don't know everything.
19. Make custom government types. I want you guys to be invested in having a diverse world. Not all fuedal not all Tribal and such.
20. I wanna make it so that you can be a merc band, like in that one mod, same with holy orders.
21. TONS MORE. CBA TO TYPE ALL OF IT.
Anyway! Call me "The Dreamer!" Since I dream of being in Tyria... Look go read the last OG post by me in the old thread, I did a whole speech. It was ok. STICK AROUND FOR MY ENDEAVOR TO MAKE THIS A REALITY! And if you're into it post down bellow and when I think enough people wanna see what I got to offer I'll make a discord (Or make the one I have for the mod public).
Thanks for your Patience.
Signed: Acturian Vi Gent "The Dreamer" See you in our Dream land.