"Coherent host crashed" - Client crashes on log in screen

Lynk.4836

I'm running it on Mac and this error appears when I launch the game.https://imgur.com/SB3L5Hi"Coherent host crashed - A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause ."After clicking "OK" the client closes itself, and when I restart it the same thing happens.Anybody have the same experience, or know how to solve the issue?

• 1 month later...

I have that issue with the 32-bit client application, but not the 64-bit. I notice Spotlight has a bad habit of opening the 32-bit when I'm not paying attention (command-space, Guild Wars 2). I've had far better success with a range of Mac/MBPros running 64-bit in the last month than 32.

Try clearing out the Coherent cache; that often solves most issues related to it.(Coherent is the app that serves as an in-game browser to display stuff like the TP. There's a variety of situations in which it becomes unstable, most of which are solved by clearing the cache, like you would for IE or FF or Safari.)

I'm not sure why the knowledgebase doesn't include instructions for the Mac or why that article doesn't show up when searching for "Coherent" or "Cache."

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Try clearing out the Coherent cache; that often solves most issues related to it.(Coherent is the app that serves as an in-game browser to display stuff like the TP. There's a variety of situations in which it becomes unstable, most of which are solved by clearing the cache, like you would for IE or FF or Safari.)

I'm not sure why the knowledgebase doesn't include instructions for the Mac or why that article doesn't show up when searching for "Coherent" or "Cache."

Here is the post that included, I believe, the instructions for Mac cache clearing. Unfortunately, it points to the closed forums, but you probably have access to the archived one: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Black-Lion-Trading-will-not-work-Mac/first#post6623745

Oh, and yeah, you have to search 'Troubleshoot Trading Post' for the Knowledge Base to lead you to clearing the Windows GW2 cache instructions.

Good luck.

Ooh, thanks for the link, Incuplatus.

The archived address is:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Black-Lion-Trading-will-not-work-Mac/first#post6623745

To save people time, the instructions are from @penelopehannibal.8947 and read:

To clear the cache for Mac, go to your desktop, making sure it’s got ‘Finder’ next to the apple symbol.Hold [Alt] and select ‘Go’ dropdown menu. When you hold [Alt] whilst doing this, a ‘hidden’ menu should appear called Library. Click that, then find the folder ‘Caches’.In that folder should be another folder called com.transgaming.guildwars2. If you drag that folder to the trash can, it should fix the TP problem

Archived