Help with Ranger pet being switched after lvl 80 trial.

So has anyone else had this problem? I took my Norn for a little lvl 80 trip to see what things looked like and when I canceled the boost my wolf/raven had disappeared and I have the stalker in his place. Stalker isn't supposed to be a bad pet but I was enjoying running around the frozen wastes with my white wolf.Not really a complaint, but I would like to get another wolf.

From what you said I am guessing you are low level and used the level 80 boost temporarily? Rangers have a lot of pets available to them. The wolf and raven are just 2 of the 55 that you can eventually obtain. Those 2 are available in the Norn capitol city of Hoelbrak. Just find them and charm them. Here is a link to the Wiki page that lists all of the animals and their locations. Each capitol city, including Lion's Arch, has a few to get you started.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_pet_locations#Most_accessible_locations

Yep, just wanted to see what the boost would give me, I plan on leveling the right way, learned my lesson on lvl boosts back in WOW. And thanks for the wiki link, I had already checked there but I'm not familiar with some of the locations, but it is nice to know you can get some of them at the capitol cities.

If you already had a wolf and raven you don't need to tame them again. Once you've tamed a pet you've got it forever.

Once you get to level 5 you can swap between all the pets you've tamed whenever you're out of combat. Above your weapon skills there will be a picture of the stalker. Click that and it will open up the pet menu and let you choose which pets you want.

If you're not yet level 5 that menu will be hidden but it will unlock as soon as you get to level 5.

@Graywolf.3701 said:Yep, just wanted to see what the boost would give me, I plan on leveling the right way, learned my lesson on lvl boosts back in WOW. And thanks for the wiki link, I had already checked there but I'm not familiar with some of the locations, but it is nice to know you can get some of them at the capitol cities.

Using that booster for a second toon after leveling the first is really giid, though. The booster does provide valkyrie gear for thief and rabid gear for necro. The other 7 classes get soldier's gear.

Also, be aware the difficulty level jumps significantly going from core Tyria to either HoT or PoF. The wiki has a good article on CC's and using them to break defiance bars. Having that down will help immensely in both expansions and the living world maps. For example, on my warrior I normally run 5 CC skills - bulls charge and headbutt, mace 3 (pommel bash), shield 4 (shield bash), and the mace berserk skill skullgrinder. With those 5 I can normally drop the break bar on even champions, unless there is a zerg that has scaled it up too high.

@Danikat.8537 said:If you already had a wolf and raven you don't need to tame them again. Once you've tamed a pet you've got it forever.

Once you get to level 5 you can swap between all the pets you've tamed whenever you're out of combat. Above your weapon skills there will be a picture of the stalker. Click that and it will open up the pet menu and let you choose which pets you want.

If you're not yet level 5 that menu will be hidden but it will unlock as soon as you get to level 5.

Thanks, I discovered that after posting this. :)Still have WOW thinking in my head. I'm one to try and play with minimum reading and sometimes that bites me. I realized my display was showing the wolf and raven and I was able to call them back. Rookie mistake, and I'm reading quite a bit more about the game and lore now. I'm really liking the gameplay and style.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Graywolf.3701 said:Yep, just wanted to see what the boost would give me, I plan on leveling the right way, learned my lesson on lvl boosts back in WOW. And thanks for the wiki link, I had already checked there but I'm not familiar with some of the locations, but it is nice to know you can get some of them at the capitol cities.

Using that booster for a second toon after leveling the first is really giid, though. The booster does provide valkyrie gear for thief and rabid gear for necro. The other 7 classes get soldier's gear.

Also, be aware the difficulty level jumps significantly going from core Tyria to either HoT or PoF. The wiki has a good article on CC's and using them to break defiance bars. Having that down will help immensely in both expansions and the living world maps. For example, on my warrior I normally run 5 CC skills - bulls charge and headbutt, mace 3 (pommel bash), shield 4 (shield bash), and the mace berserk skill skullgrinder. With those 5 I can normally drop the break bar on even champions, unless there is a zerg that has scaled it up too high.

I am going to level a toon up, just not sure which one. My two mains, ranger and ele, will level normally since I'm liking the gameplay of both. I was considering a new character just to get the mount unlocked, but I don't want to waste a boost on one I'll never play, so I'm still considering. I thought about trying a thief, they have an interesting skill set.