Game doesn't start when pressing play in client — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Game doesn't start when pressing play in client

I have no idea what is causing the game to not want to open.

It started with crashing twice at the moment of launch, then I did all the following

• I ran a repair
  • I deleted all addons
  • I tried restarting
  • I made sure I have the latest drivers
  • I tried without having anything like discord or Nvidia Geforce Experience running
  • I tried deleting local.dat in appdata

Now the game doesn't even start, when I press play

System info:
Win 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 3700X
16gb Ram
Geforce GTX 970
Game installed on an SSD

Comments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Do you have entered/saved your credentials?

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    Do you have entered/saved your credentials?

I did at first, but deleting local.dat removed those.

• If you haven't already, delete the bin64 File Folder from your main Guild Wars 2 File Folder & then relaunch the client.

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    Desiderata

• I have the same thing happen to me, intermittently. Doesn't always happen, but when it does, I relog and it doesn't happen again.

• @Stelawrat.6589 said:
    If you haven't already, delete the bin64 File Folder from your main Guild Wars 2 File Folder & then relaunch the client.

Oh hey, that actually worked, thank you!

• Yay! Although it might have been a long shot, I knew that it couldn't harm your computer or the game files, so I thought it was worth trying. Glad that it worked for you. Take care. o/

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    Desiderata