Tiny Yuno Gasai - WvsW build - PoF era gunflame

Cerby.1069

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAURnckCVhg9dA2dAcigleAzIA8BiAvT3s739YOsBeaA-j1CFABppLoWNMq9AAQa/R5X1HQhCV/x6jQg6HIgrUCCwFAghDBQAAEgbezs5NDcezbezbezz1t55NvNPv5t5Nv55JFwELjA-w

People ask for my build every once in a while. So I decided to post an updated version here for archiving.

You should have a separate day rifle with sigil of force instead of night. Swap back and forth if its night/day.Otherwise, everything chosen is chosen for a reason....so don't be thinking "oh they shoulda taken this or that instead..." every time you see something curious (tons of fidgeting has long since been done, save urself the trouble). Change something at your own risk. Sigil of force is a fairly stupid sigil though, you use it when you want damage and there's nothing else to choose, so you could change that without much issue.

If you are one of the people who wanted the build, just note that most people don't like how it plays. Thus I'm still the only one using it on a regular basis...harhar. Good luck.

Uses: Everything 'good' you could possibly do ingame....commanding...zerging.....roaming...defending.....whateverNot useful for: Everything "bad" you could possibly do ingame....sitting in a bomb.

Dying should be a rather rare occurrence once you master the build. Watchout for weavers who know what they are doing though..... even in a 1vs1 it only takes 1 mistake and ur ded.

This build will never be meta. Nor will it ever get good reviews. And.... I'm quite happy with those facts. My track-record speaks for itself.

Long live Ehmry Bay

@Cerby.1069 said:10 hours of pure love.

Unfortunately I don't have a system that can capture gw2 in 1080p....which is the minimum you will need to make a gw2 video actually viewable....hard to seee anything otherwise.

Pure love indeed. All good if you can't make videos. My PC can't either.

Instead do you have any tips for playing this build? If not all good. I will give it ago once I unlocked enough HP for berserker. Just finished unlocking spellbreaker.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior/4k-power-WvsW-gunflame-buildyou can view my old build guide posting there. Unfortunately I can only access it as a cached copy since I got banned right before the forums changed.or just google 4k power gunflame gw2. ALot of that is old though....like you don't get +500 precision anymore....its +500 ferocity. And the food is dated. But the movement and combat idealogy are still the same.

The build won't work without food, keep that in mind.

You should generally do the majority of your fighting from a safe distance/angle of attack. You almost always wanna fight at ur max range (1200 and 1500 for gunflames). The basic combo is find an enemy.....then from range dodge once, rifle 4, signet of fury, signet of might either now or before rifle 4 (if blocking is an issue), then f2, f1. Follow up with either rifle 3 or proc ur heal and fire a second gunflame then follow up with rifle 3. Then generally they are downed and you can walk up to them jump over their body once....them jump backwards while changing to greatsword. Then use g3 and they are probably dead.

You generally only use greatsword for finishing downs, mobility, and getting ur cruelty stacks (so swapping right as they are about to die works too, since you dont need to hit them with the gs to get ur stack, just have it equipped). 10 second weapon swaps are a long time with this build, so always be careful when you decide to melee someone/something. Even I find myself kinda just waiting around sometimes till I can swap back to rifle.....but that's pretty rare once you get a feel for the build.

Careful timing on when to commit to greatsword cleave. And when you do commit you are hitting and leaving most of the time. So I jump into a section of a zerg in many instances to pummel on some downs being healed. But you gotta get out of there as soon as I get in....and you gottta be relying on gs 3 and dodges to invulnerable urself through that.

Generally avoid aggro as much as possible. If people do aggro you, simply use gs5 to get out of range or tank it by spamming ur dodges and stuff like rifle 4/gs3 and also you rely on ur heal. Ur running scholar afterall, and you get 0 passive heals while incombat with this build, so keeping urself full hp is an asset. They will chase you sometimes once they know how dangerous you are, but that's fine too. Plenty of ways to make them waste their skills while they chase you, and generally if you have backup u are taking the enemy aggro while running away so its not like ur not holding ur own.

That's the thing though. You aren't relying on anyone with this build. You don't need anyone either. You will never be a liability or leech to anyone if you use this build correctly. I mean having someone to tank for you is a huge plus generally, you can just browse the battlefield and wait for the best time to lay down 2 aoe gunflames...generally enough to turn a smalll group battle upside down. Patience is a virtue here. Don't hesitate to leave enemy downs if you are at risk of other incoming. It seems like a waste but I mean its all over if you are the one who dies.....so think of downed players as escape methods if the zone is hot. Oh and same for allies....don't rez ur friends if they are downed and getting aggro'd. You can help them by killing things and getting them a rally. Everyone friend or foe, if they are downed, are just a tool you should use for doing damage or running away. Probably why noone likes the build.... who knows. You are a sniper, so go about every fight that way. Feeling obliged to help someone will get you killed.....so engage when you feel its good to engage, don't let others dictate the pace.

If ur being chased, you can generally down 1 of ur chasers with 1-2 gunflames and the others generally will stop and heal the downed and you can get away.

Oh and uhhh when fighting daredevils and thieves your taunt is a huge plus. Once you proc berserker you release the taunt of certain aoe range around you....I don't think its unblockable anymore though but you can use ur own unblockables to make it that way though.So stand still. Let them come to you. Dodge if you feel the attack from a stealthed enemy is imminent....dodging their opening strike puts you at an advantage even if they stay stealthed, since u are dictating the flow of the fight. Then once they are vulnerable just proc ur f2 and generally you have a window to land a clean gunflame that crits. Smart thieves that don't go full glass will stunbreak it though...so don't be surprised if that happens. Basically knowing how thieves work and when they are vulnerable is key. Also many thieves use a block where they put their fists up....its an easy way to kill them if you proc an unblockable since they won't dodge something they expect to block.

Oh and carefully review how ur unblockables work. You have 2. And ur dodges are also unblockable. So just notice how those work. YOu can also proc some of ur signets every once in a while in ur downtime. You get 60 second buffs you can take advantage of. Just don't be caught fighting while they are on cooldown lol. Its something you proc while ur making ur way to a fight and you know it will be off cooldown when you get there.Otherwise you don't have to worry about maxing ur signet buffs......I only do it occasionally lately. You generally have enough damage going, just focus on having ur abilities ready when u need them.

And don't flagstomp lol....you'll get urself killed that way.

@Choppy.4183 said:You're relying on other people to take the aggro and to conceal your cranked out gunflames. In a small scale environment, you're basically relying on fighting trashbags.

And there it is.....the complementary "I theory browsed ur build and what I think is what happens ingame...."

Fortunately you couldn't be more wrong.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:You're relying on other people to take the aggro and to conceal your cranked out gunflames. In a small scale environment, you're basically relying on fighting trashbags.

And there it is.....the complementary "I theory browsed ur build and what I think is what happens ingame...."

Ok, wanna try it out in an arena? You've provided no game play video, and you seem unwilling to accept what most people would see as obvious by what you've said and the build you've linked, so I'm not sure what else beyond a live demonstration will convince you.

Thank you for that long explanation. Appreciate you taking the time to write all that.I am excited about giving this a go. I feel willing to put a bit of time into learning the build. Always been a fan of non-meta (non-sheeple) stuff.

Ignore the naysayers. They are most likely people who gave the build all of 5 minutes then decided it sucks because they aren't good at it without practice.

No worries, this is an ongoing conversation me and Choppy have. It's unrelated to the build itself. I could post next to anything, and if it had any semblance of opinion he would post the same thing. And we'd have this conversation we are about to have right now....which you should ignore:

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

Ok, wanna try it out in an arena? You've provided no game play video, and you seem unwilling to accept what most people would see as obvious by what you've said and the build you've linked, so I'm not sure what else beyond a live demonstration will convince you.

Well let's assume I provided nothing.....like there is nothing above except just my build link.

Assuming that...What did you provide again? Your personal opinion backed up by nothing more than your supposed experience. Well that is exactly what I provided then no? Just a link to a build that I created based on personal experience and opinions.Logically our arguments would be even then. Yet as per usual you persist that there is nothing even or equal between us.

And of course you are correct on that stance. It's just on where the skew lies that you have incorrect.

You've seen me ingame plenty of times. We are server kin afterall. I've seen you ingame plenty of games too. You know I'm more effective. I mean you could at least post your own build as a counter.....but as per usual you are adamant your personal opinion on the matter is greater than someone with the experience and logic to backup their arguments. And as per usual you either don't read my postings, or read them extremely closely and label me incompetent unless I can provide the things I say I cannot provide... (video evidence in this case). Forgive me if I see at least a bit of hostility from such words and others exchanged on these forums between us.I mean you clearly know my build better than I would know it, I've only used it for over a year now while your yourself just browse it for 5 minutes at a time every couple months I post it.

I mean when have you ever posting something of tangible value that was factually correct? Its all just opinion pieces on why you think what other people post is bad.I always saw you in a positive light, as a warrior vet of sorts and a good mentor to have as far as that word can be used ingame.I remember you helping me with my power-precision-ferocity ratio's and the information/formula you gave me was wrong after I actually did the real calculations.

Yet I didn't even neeed to do the calculations to tell you were wrong. I could tell from ingame easily enough.

Cause the information you relied on was outdated as can be, and ur conclusion of ferocity being better for my build was hurting my build not helping it. My experience ingame then lead me to researching the formula and then doing the calculations. Which showed me to be correct of course.You rely on old keepsakes that no longer apply. I rely on what I see ingame and what information on the wiki and compiled by other players actually adds up to reflect what I see ingame.

I'd take my position over yours any-day.

@Cerby.1069 said:snip

Man, what are you talking about? You posted a build, you said you weren't reliant on others and that the build is good in all types of encounters. I pointed out that it was reliant on others (which is fine) or reliant on fighting people who aren't good (which is also fine). You effectively said I was wrong so I offered you an opportunity to provide a live demonstration (because you didn't provide a game play video).

So, are you going to put your build to the test or not? We can arrange 1v1s, 5v5s, or whatever you want. I'm offering an opportunity to go beyond opinion, so what's it going to be?

And what will be obvious to anyone with any experience, is that you have no stability or stun breaks, mediocre condi management, and no defense against range beyond (maybe) being able to out trade ranged damage, and assuming you aren't locked in your gs at the time.

Warrior rifle damage is easily negated up close, and your mobility is ok but not great when it comes to creating distance. Up close, you lack most of the tools that make melee warriors strong beyond high damage stats and the gs itself.

Standard roaming and havoc builds across all classes have the tools to exploit those weaknesses, and they will as soon as they understand how vulnerable you are and how much your build is reliant on landing surprise tuned up gunflames.

That's the cover others are providing you, concealing your bursts and/or providing stab, condi management, stunning your targets, etc. Bads might choose to ignore you in favour of something easier to catch, or assume they can rely on blocks without paying attention to whether your shots are unblockable.

Again, this is obvious. Every build has weaknesses, and those are yours. The reason your build will never see wide adoption isn't because it's complicated to play or to think of, is because it's reliant on a gimmick and has fatal weaknesses for most circumstances. Again, that's fine, but try not to lose your mind when someone points those out, or maybe be a little more honest about your build when providing it to someone who's new to the class.

But, yeah, I'm happy to provide you repeated live demonstrations of this. Over and over again, if needs be. You know, for science....

What are you talking about? You have yet to provide anything still and you still rant about how you have provided something. What you say is an opinion, it isn't fact, because it has no evidence to support it as fact.

What I say is an opinion, I have over a year of experience using and refining the build though, I have evidence supporting what I say as fact. Why would I continue to use something that is horrible? Why am I getting such good results with something horrible? You indicated it was because I was relying on others but that doesn't hold up cause I'm getting those same results solo. So what is your counter argument to that? The only explanation from your perspective is that I'm a truly amazing player that can overcome even the worst of builds.

You repeating yourself over and over doesn't make you right. Provide something new! Give something of value or you are going to continue to get messages in your inbox. I seem to recall you linking this thread in a bunch of wvsw forum threads I was talking about. Can you relink those messages? I can't seem to find them anymore. I'd like to discuss those in more detail. I wonder what happened there that I can't find them anymore.

Provide the live demonstration. I asked for content, why are you withholding it? Must I ask over and over? Give me what I want, a discussion based in logic.Prove your point with proof, there is no need to withhold the proof. I welcome you to prove me wrong.

He is lazy, Cerby. He can't be bothered testing it himself so he is trying to puts the onus on you. He wants you to have to go out of your way and take up your own time to try prove it to him.

Just ignore it. I don't get why he is so angry at you for coming up with your own build that works for you. Just seems petty.

@Saraneth.6021 said:He is lazy, Cerby. He can't be bothered testing it himself so he is trying to puts the onus on you. He wants you to have to go out of your way and take up your own time to try prove it to him.

Just ignore it. I don't get why he is so angry at you for coming up with your own build that works for you. Just seems petty.

I just kind of assumed people would post to discuss things on the forums. I didn't realize people who spend so much time on the forums only use it as a like/dislike bar. I don't see the point in that. We should use forums to better peoples understanding of things, that includes our own understanding. I keep trying to understand his perspective, but he won't tell me why and he won't provide evidence or agree when I provide evidence. His arguments are based on his own experience ingame and his own opinions.....yet he's never even used the build and thinks his opinions superior to mine. And he states, 3 postings later, at the end he has evidence and still fails to provide it?

I don't understand what his purpose is in discussing something if he won't provide content to discuss. I guess therein lies the fundamental difference between us.

@Saraneth.6021 said:He is lazy, Cerby. He can't be bothered testing it himself so he is trying to puts the onus on you. He wants you to have to go out of your way and take up your own time to try prove it to him.

Lol, buddy, I offered him a chance to demonstrate his build under whatever conditions he wants. The offer still stands, and I'll extend it to you too if you're so convinced that the build is good.

And Cerby, the reason you use it is for the same reason those one shot Deadeyes you're complaining about in other threads are speccing the way they do. You're surprise one-shotting people with a relatively spammable unblockable attack and it gets results against scrubs, people who don't know you're playing that build in their initial threat assessment, or because you're concealed by others in the fight. It's not that hard.

That you're unable to understand the vulnerabilities I already spelled out for you says a lot about your level of play, frankly. Not that I didn't know already, having seen it in person more than once.

And let's be real, there's nothing new about your build either... tuned up gunflame was a thing for like six months after HoT dropped until it got nerfed and people moved on to more effective builds.

^ Choppy YES!!!!!!It's to troll players who have builds/professions that's aren't able to beat gun flare. Or brought in a 5-17 person group vs pugs of less numbers. It's a camp build you see in front of weaker servers spawn point.

The Dead-eyes are the new Gunflare trolls in POF WVW. They hide behind groups to gun down pugs in wvw. Or they will safely jump players that are ill equip to counter that build.

If you have a build that will melt them they will run away till 3-4 friends will come and jump you and "beverage dip" your body.

Same type of players. I would say they are the honorable warriors I duels in wvw.

My war can take them with moderate concern until I get jumped by 3-4 and "beverage" pre-POF.

But my core fire d/d ele can just face tank them kill them if they don't runaway. While fleeing from the 3-4 friend pre POF. Scourges just too strong with boon corruptions.

Archived