WvW Map Design Series: THE END

GDchiaScrub.3241

Sorry bebes. Back from being sick and traveling at the same time! Don't worry, I finished this.

Summary

My thoughts on WvW Map design overall

1. Art.Only Edge of the Mists actually looks like it's part of the mists to me...everywhere else could be a generic location in Tyria. Maybe that appeals to people or not. Regardless of that, there are vast stylistic differences. Previous videos go into far more detail of course!

2. Those Map Mechanics.Mechanically, there can be inactive voids that form around the centers on maps. "Home" Borderland maps are all flawed by inactive corners. This design flaw probably contributed to k-train style game play.

3. Bonus Video?I don't know if I am going to piece meal out the bonus content for my own map design or leave it all in one video. Either way it will take 2-3 weeks in total. I won't spam the forums if I do it in parts however.

Have any suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment. Or just troll me, that works too I guess. (This will be posted on both the new forums and WvW Reddit)

Interesting watch, like your points about the designs. Been arguing that the Borderland system is limiting expansion of WvW myself for a while.

Going to dig up your earlier videos and watch them, now that I have a slightly better internet connection that summer, and can actually watch youtube again. :)

@joneirikb.7506 said:Interesting watch, like your points about the designs. Been arguing that the Borderland system is limiting expansion of WvW myself for a while.

Going to dig up your earlier videos and watch them, now that I have a slightly better internet connection that summer, and can actually watch youtube again. :)

Thanks. The other ones are a bit longer/ranty.

Archived