How do you lay down the smackdown as weaver?

Oxstar.7643

I tried doing weaver, really. But I just did a lot worse than with tempest. The range is too short on the hard hitting skills, the cc is not reliable enough, and some of the weave attacks just seems to suck. I tried practicing against the red frogs at teku nuhoch, got destroyed by the veteran beetle, then after about an hour of this, went on my engineer, destroyed them all, then tried tempest, destroyed them all. But, I also have years of engineer experience and not even a days worth of weaver experience.

So now I come to you to ask - how does one smackdown ax weaver? What are the skills, rotation, and traits, if I just want things to die while still maintaining weavers amazing self sustain? I don't want to give up on this specc, combining elements is a favorite concept for me, but I... need help. Or at least advice.

@"Oxstar.7643" said:I tried doing weaver, really. But I just did a lot worse than with tempest. The range is too short on the hard hitting skills, the cc is not reliable enough, and some of the weave attacks just seems to suck. I tried practicing against the red frogs at teku nuhoch, got destroyed by the veteran beetle, then after about an hour of this, went on my engineer, destroyed them all, then tried tempest, destroyed them all. But, I also have years of engineer experience and not even a days worth of weaver experience.

So now I come to you to ask - how does one smackdown ax weaver? What are the skills, rotation, and traits, if I just want things to die while still maintaining weavers amazing self sustain? I don't want to give up on this specc, combining elements is a favorite concept for me, but I... need help. Or at least advice.

Dealing damage with condi weaver isn't so difficult, especially against veteran and lesser units that die too quickly to complete a complex rotation. In these scenarios you're basically just looking to stack a ton of burning really quickly. Here's a sample clip:

There's not a lot of time for much of a rotation here, so I preload my utilities (Glyph of Elemental Power, Primordial Stance, and Weave Self) along with Lava Skin from fire/earth. As I close to melee range I cast fire signet to open while rotating to air/fire to land Pyrovortex and then rotate to fire/air and finally fire/fire. I stay in fire/air and fire/fire while Primordial Stance ticks because it changes with your attunement. This is how we end up with 38 stack burn and 25 stack vuln in 5 seconds. That's about it. It mostly comes from the utilities and dual skills here.

Make sure your build is optimized. @AliamRationem.5172 has a great open world post and keeps it updated (he even responded above :))

Also, as you even noted, practice practice practice. You have less than a day experience on weaver and weaver isn’t a class you just “pick up”. I used to suck hard with it and could never get it until I committed to it. Learn each attunement and what they’re meant for (generally speaking: fire is damage, water is healing, air is damage/utility, earth is defense/utility plus amazing dual skill with fire).

Overall - just keep at it as it’s one of the most rewarding classes to learn (coming from someone who’s played them all across all content)!