Best class to level focus master achievement.

So mostly playing elementalist atm, and was aiming to complete my master weapon achiev of all weps.With ele, fire 4 and 5 cant really kill, if the burn tick kills the mob. so only leaves me with water and earth 4 skills to kill mob.

Any advice on another class and maybe a place with alot of trash mob to level it fast and make the long cd of those skills bearable ?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:You could try with a mesmer. Find a lab group that skip bosses and cast focus skill 5 on veterans at doors.

I thought mesmer 'pets' don't count for the weapon masteries, for a variety of technical reasons. I've used focus a lot as a mesmer and my focus-kill count is mostly static.

I didn't know.I played s/f ele a lot a few years ago so I probably leveled it that way.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:I haven't checked recently, but I believe killing ambient creatures counted towards the achievement. If it still does, just unequip your main hand and use your focus skills on those critters (all ambient creatures only have 1hp).

Ambients do still count on weapon master kills, yes. I finished Torch Master a few weeks ago by killing the ambients around Deathroot Shack in the swamp in Queensdale. Best way to get guaranteed "kills" is with the 1HP ambients.

Archived