Best class to level focus master achievement. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Best class to level focus master achievement.

So mostly playing elementalist atm, and was aiming to complete my master weapon achiev of all weps.
With ele, fire 4 and 5 cant really kill, if the burn tick kills the mob. so only leaves me with water and earth 4 skills to kill mob.

Any advice on another class and maybe a place with alot of trash mob to level it fast and make the long cd of those skills bearable ?

Comments

  • Necro has a bit shorter cooldown on focus, and damage on both skills. 5 is pitiful withoul boon on the target, but it at least deals damage and no DoT condis.

  • Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

    You could try with a mesmer. Find a lab group that skip bosses and cast focus skill 5 on veterans at doors.

  • onevstheworld.2419onevstheworld.2419 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017

    I haven't checked recently, but I believe killing ambient creatures counted towards the achievement. If it still does, just unequip your main hand and use your focus skills on those critters (all ambient creatures only have 1hp).

  • @Haishao.6851 said:
    You could try with a mesmer. Find a lab group that skip bosses and cast focus skill 5 on veterans at doors.

    I thought mesmer 'pets' don't count for the weapon masteries, for a variety of technical reasons. I've used focus a lot as a mesmer and my focus-kill count is mostly static.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Haishao.6851 said:
    You could try with a mesmer. Find a lab group that skip bosses and cast focus skill 5 on veterans at doors.

    I thought mesmer 'pets' don't count for the weapon masteries, for a variety of technical reasons. I've used focus a lot as a mesmer and my focus-kill count is mostly static.

    I didn't know.
    I played s/f ele a lot a few years ago so I probably leveled it that way.

  • Meow Ren.5382Meow Ren.5382 Member ✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017

    @onevstheworld.2419 said:
    I haven't checked recently, but I believe killing ambient creatures counted towards the achievement. If it still does, just unequip your main hand and use your focus skills on those critters (all ambient creatures only have 1hp).

    Ambients do still count on weapon master kills, yes. I finished Torch Master a few weeks ago by killing the ambients around Deathroot Shack in the swamp in Queensdale. Best way to get guaranteed "kills" is with the 1HP ambients.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.