Group merge should be a request, not instant!

Wuffy.9732

The current way groups are allowed to merge is not perfect. It bothers me so much that I'll command or run in a squad, but suddenly it gets stacked with randoms because someone in another squad decides to merge with the one I'm in. I suggest allowing group merge to be requested instead, so that myself and others leading squads have the option to allow or deny group mergers. Any thoughts?!

A lot of people are asking for the merge system to be changed considering people have been going out of their way to troll people, often during really bad time (bad time to merge - i.e. at a boss etc)So having some sort of confirmation squad/party wise or just simply not able to "merge" while in a instant would be perfect

Dude tell me about it. I've been bothered about it for months honestly, but yesterday was the final straw. I was doing a tangle depth meta event when it happened, by getting a squad-taxi onto one of the maps. All of a sudden, my squad is stacked with randoms scattered across Tyria (people in Lions Arch, WvW, PvE, Unknown, etc.). It's bad mostly because the people that want to do meta events can't get on map since squad fills up because of the troll mergers, since 50/50 automatically scraps it from LFG.

Again, it's a good feature. But it could use some improvements is all I'm saying.

Archived