Marshal gear Druid?

Omnicron.2467

Hi there!

I am new to the druid, and just got my full exotic viper gear as per the meta, which I will still use for open world.

I was looking at the healing Druid https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/ranger/healing-druid/ and noticed it explains that the healing is a bit much for most groups, hence the use of Vipers I guess. I was wondering if replacing the Cleric gear with the new Marshal stats could provide a better balace of damage vs healing for a druid? And if Healing is too much use something like Rune of Altruism instead of Monks?

I cannot figure out the viability of this on my own so was wondering what the pros and number cruncher thought :)

It's viability depends on the group. If the heals of the Viper's condition-Druid is not enough or too low for your group, Marshall's is a good choice. Always adjust to taste if possible.

I'd more or less look at Marshall's in comparison to the Viper's condition Druid rather than non-condition healing Druid builds, in which case, can be fall along the lines of Magi's, Minstrel's, Zealot's, and Berserker's.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:It's viability depends on the group. If the heals of the Viper's condition-Druid is not enough or too low for your group, Marshall's is a good choice. Always adjust to taste if possible.

I'd more or less look at Marshall's in comparison to the Viper's condition Druid rather than non-condition healing Druid builds, in which case, can be fall along the lines of Magi's, Minstrel's, Zealot's, and Berserker's.

Why look at Viper? Your main stats are Power and Healing with Precision as a minor. The only condi you get is a minor stat with no expertise. Surely your weapon choices and runes etc would be power rather than Condi for damage with marshal?

I look at Viper's in comparison to Marshall's as a guideline since the load-outs will vary slightly to take advantage of what stats are being invested into. Just like how at one point a Shaman Druid was viable (and still can be if it floats with the group), and Shaman's has no expertise built into it stat-wise.

So, I tend to look at things on those basis, especially when a condition Druid with Viper's is/can be the optimal choice depending on the group. Not to mention, power scaling is bad for most Ranger weapons. If you have condition damage, you're better off having axe as a secondary to take more advantage of the stat with Split Blade and Winter's Bite, as well as the Sharpened Edges trait.

So, take a look at Marshall's. Assuming full ascended, it leaves you with 1172 healing power as a base before runes, food, infusions, and etc.. In a group example where Magi's is too much healing - which can have around 1700 healing power, you can drop down to Marshall's and tweak things from there. If the group needs a bit more healing, you can slot Monk runes for additional healing power, but if the group doesn't, you can use 4x Nightmare and 2x Trapper for additional condition damage and durations.

Traits are also flexible here, too. Because Marshall's provides decent condition damage (632 base), you can tweak once again with condition food, utilities, sigils, and so-forth if you have the wiggle room. Factor in things such as full might stacks, so that 632 condition damage is bolstered to 1382, which have your conditions hitting much harder.

Toss in the Wilderness Survival variant, and you have even more condition damage and duration with Taste for Danger and Ambidexterity, especially if you slot an axe and torch for the second set which will do more damage than using power-related runes or weapons with Marshall's.

While I have nothing against condition builds (my scourge is one), for my druid i just prefer a healing and power based build. It also aligns itself well with staff , which is why i started with Zealot stats. I was thinking Marshal even though its a small drop in power for an increase in healing power and mix and match trinkets as needed. from zealot to berserker. The low condition damage on Marshal i find a bit trivial in the larger scope of things, but there are certainly plenty of on crit and hit traits on core ranger to take advantage of it. I'd prefer Menders but what can ya do. Hopefully Season 4 will bring trinkets that will make Marshall delectable.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Meta went for Harrier rather than Marshal https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/ranger/healing-might-druid-build-guide/

Ok so Harrier gives better boon duration and and better healing, and the consition damamge from marshal is probably negligable on a healing build, so it makes sense why Harrier it preferred over marshal on QTFYEDIT: Revised conclusion

Archived