Personal Story question (spoilers)

CaptainAngelStar.1479

Something been on my mind since the big reveal about Minister Caudecus in LS3. In the human personal story "Unknown Parents", your parents were (if memory serves me correctly) spymasters for Queen Jennah's father or something and they were marked for death by the White Mantle (as well as you just for being their kid).

My question is: considering everything Caudecus has had a hand in, did he have a hand in your parents' deaths? Did he tip off the WM about the location of your parents? Or is this the one time he was truly innocent of any wrong doing here (either because he wasn't a Confessor at the time or ....)?

Unclear, but my guess is probably not. The orphan PC's parents' death happened a long time ago, and Caudecus seems to have been a fairly recent recruit. Keep in mind that Caudecus had de facto control over Kryta at one point, during the regency before Jennah came of age - it was in this period that he decided he liked being the man in charge and started looking for ways to make that happen permanently. So it's likely that he didn't join the White Mantle until after the death of Jennah's father, and probably not until after the regency ended.

Given the Caudecus letters found in Episode 4, he would have been low ranked at the timeframe of the parents death, if even a White Mantle for reasons drax stated.

If he had a hand in killing the parents then it would likely have been his act of "proving himself" that led to him being recruited or promoted to Justiciar.

@Fenom.9457 said:Also they're probably alive. Your character makes a really obvious remark about "if they died, who put the graves here?" But I guess we'll never get more of that story since it's a portion of a fifth of the platerbase :(

That remark also hints at a family friend, possibly another Blade agent, who buried them and took the PC to the orphanage.

Archived