Easy implementation for Mantras initial cast hindrance

leasm.1279

Some complain Mantras are boring because it's way too easy to forget the initial cast, specially when changing maps or respawning. On the other hand, the goal of the initial cast is to punish blowing the last charge, so that you have to basically forget the Mantra for the rest of combat if you deplete it.

The main issue is that the 3s initial cast is only punishing when you have to do it in combat, otherwise it's just unnecessary hindrance.So here's an easy solution for implementation: Make Mantras automatically switch to second stage whenever you are out of combat and they are off cooldown.

Some situations:

• You just changed map and your Mantras are off cooldown = They would automatically switch to second stage
  • You are running around out of combat, and one of your Mantras finishes its cooldown = It would automatically switch to second stage
  • You are in combat and one of your Mantrras finishes its cooldown = Nothing happens, and you have to cast the initial charge manually
  • Now you just leave combat = Your Mantras that are off cooldown automatically switch to second stage

In my opinion, they just should reduce the cast time a bit. Almost 3 seconds is too much cast time. Something like 1.75 ~ 2 seconds would still be very high, but not insane. There is already a cooldown to "punish" for using the last charge, just don't need that extra "punish" as cast time.

@Mikau.6920 said:In my opinion, they just should reduce the cast time a bit. Almost 3 seconds is too much cast time. Something like 1.75 ~ 2 seconds would still be very high, but not insane. There is already a cooldown to "punish" for using the last charge, just don't need that extra "punish" as cast time.

Yes, would help. But the main issue IMO is forgetting to cast them while out of combat, and then you have to face that initial cast time (being it 3s, 2s or 1.75) when most needed (in combat). But I agree this issue is in fact minor (lack of self policy), and I doubt they'd ever touch it..

@Mikau.6920 said:In my opinion, they just should reduce the cast time a bit. Almost 3 seconds is too much cast time. Something like 1.75 ~ 2 seconds would still be very high, but not insane. There is already a cooldown to "punish" for using the last charge, just don't need that extra "punish" as cast time.

Anyone that played pet necro would agree with this. Just reduce the cast time to necro pet level and its all good imo. Just hate spawning in pvp and be able to run to the cenmter of the map and being forced to us cool downs to get my shiat of cool down.

Mantras are one of the most annoying skill types in this game exactly because how you need to recast them every time you enter a new map, leave underwater or log into the game. When you're hopping between instances, it's even more frustrating.

When Anet announced that they would be reworking mantras for this expansion, i was hoping they would streamline their initial cast time. Turns out that nothing was done about it.

@DiogoSilva.7089 said:Mantras are one of the most annoying skill types in this game exactly because how you need to recast them every time you enter a new map, leave underwater or log into the game. When you're hopping between instances, it's even more frustrating.

When Anet announced that they would be reworking mantras for this expansion, i was hoping they would streamline their initial cast time. Turns out that nothing was done about it.

Try the Herald's facets. You get to reset those in all of the instances you mention PLUS anytime you mount or dismount. It's no longer worth playing Herald.

I really don't think every one uses the last charge every single time, probably as a last resort and what do we get when we use it while sticking with the normal and less powerful charges 2.5 sec cast and a long cool down after using the final charge. This needs some improvement, if the devs cant figure it out make a poll and ask the players.

Archived