WvW Power Build?

Omega Zoa.3859

Most people will refer you to Shiro/Glint power builds for WvW... With subbing Mallyx for Shiro in Zergfights to be the Resistance spammer.

But, if you want to keep playing Condi in WvW, it's totally viable, just make sure you bring Invocation instead of Devestation so you have another (no energy cost) stun break and at least SOME access to cleanse and then weave in defensive pieces where need be (Trialblazers, Dire, Rabid, a piece or 2 of Nomads... Whatever fits with your balance/preference.) A big bonus of playing condi is that you will naturally already be running Mallyx, so no need to lose access to your DPS stance when it's time to play Resistance Bot.

I've been running this my raid PvE gear to do dailies when I'm too lazy to swap all the stats/runes on my legendaries, and you can really wreck a lot of people 1v1 and in small groups because a lot of the WvW roamer crowd doesn't ever see/know how to fight condiheralds.

If you're looking for a finite build, I would go:Corruption: 2-2-1 (A lot of people like 2-2-2, I like the more controllable burst/not self tormenting of Inferno, but a lot of people really love the synergy of 222)Invo: 1-3-X (Preference on your 3rd ability, can never go wrong with the extra 20% crit rate, but maybe you'd rather mess around with having the extra energy)Herald: 2(or 3 if solo)-2-1 (herald traits aren't too important and can be pretty situational... You're mainly taking it for access to Glint.)

Renegade: I probably wouldn't take Renegade in WvW unless you're just really bored and with a zerg... But if you do, I'd go 2-2-2, the defensive traits aren't enough to really make a difference, so you might as well go yolo dps.)

Or you can just build a 2nd WvW set and play power... It's probably better.

So what is better between ferocious strikes and vicious laceration? It kinda sucks how they are on the same path, since if you're taking ferocious strikes you're using a power build, but if you're using a power build you're also wielding a sword and you have to give up the sword trait. It really comes down to just which one of these 2 is stronger and the other one is useless right?

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@Magira.6390 said:
Aggressive solo roamer. You can also do this with renegade, but why?

So what is better between ferocious strikes and vicious laceration? It kinda sucks how they are on the same path, since if you're taking ferocious strikes you're using a power build, but if you're using a power build you're also wielding a sword and you have to give up the sword trait. It really comes down to just which one of these 2 is stronger and the other one is useless right?

Vicious Lacerations will be "better" damage. +10% damage (multiplied on top of current damage) is going to be better than +10% crit damage (added to current crit damage). You will also keep stacks briefly after weapon swap.

Archived