Ping Spikes and Freezes in GW2 only

Aleric.8546

Hello,i have Ping Spikes and freezes ( get teleported back to the location ive been 20 seconds ago). I only have this problem in GW2 .. my normal internet connection is fine.. in every other game i have a constant ping of 20 and in GW2 it rises up to 600. Im Playing on Whiteside Ridge from Germany. Any suggestion on how to fix it? Cause i dont see any news about server issues.

same thing it froze to the point i can't pvp, so i went to dragon stand, was afraid to do it bc 2 hours and u get kicked from the game... no thnkas. thanks fully it was so dead i took the chance. Then missed out on vet farm in sw riba, then I decided to go to do some semi afk farming, and the quests there was bugged npcs were dead and wouldn't go away, and the mobs wouldn't spawn the the npcs there and if you revived them they would just sit there. Also ping spikes and lag made the game unplayable. some guy on map chat was upset because he couldn't leave the map. Wtf is going on? I haven't had this problem in days/weeks.

• 1 year later...

I've been having issues with this over the last couple of weeks. I'm based in UK and playing on Gunners Hold.

Running mtr shows that problems start inside the Amazon cluster (I'm basing this on the fact that all IPs beyond my ISP resolve to Amazon EC2 IP). It takes 6-7 hops to get from my machine to ISP -> Amazon transition and then over 10 hops inside to get to the map nodes. the ping spikes usually show up after 10 or more hops from my machine.

I definitely notice it happening most in certain places, generally with high populations in close proximity, WvW maps, World Bosses and Fractals are the main offenders, however it can, and has, happened in various LWS4 E1-3 maps and story instances as well

Archived