Scourge in WvW

WilnerGW.3275

Hey all;

I just want you to tell me how fun is to play the Scourge spec in WvW. How are your experience so far?

I could just level a necro to 80 and get the equips, but i just want to read how strong/viable is the spec in this enviroment.

Feel free to tell me anything, builds, tips, etc...

Ty all!

Scourges are very strong in WvW right now due to range pressure, zoning, boon ripping and high damage, pretty sure open squads and fighting guilds are always happy to have more scourges with them unless they got too many already and need more melee.Damage and support builds are fun to play, I really love bringing an unexpected portal bomb into a fight. best stat selection for dps is trailblazers, or if you're cheap carrion or rabid works well too. its just about balancing between highest condi damage and adding vitality/toughness for some survivability. for more support you want celestial and take blood magic trait line.

My experience so far:

Solo: Anything Ranged = death. You have SO little defense and mobility that you get jumped by a ranged class you are dead. I have eyt to die to a single scourge when playing my SoulBeast Ranger. Because there is no counter to the insane ranged burst damage taken before you can even get attacks away. against Melee, it can be VERY, VERY strong. I am sort of Cele Boon Corruptor Power/Condi build and i am rather enjoying it so far. Its difficult to play and there are MANY builds that will count me (99.9% of them being Ranged) but its really interesting to play so far

Small Group: Strong. Very strong. As long as you dont get focused. You will be fine. You have the options of melee (like me) or you can go ranged Power (Axe) or Ranged Condi (staff/Scepter) AoE Boon removals and Corruptions can wreck groups.

Zergs: Same as Ranged Reaper/Necro. Stand at the back. Use all the AoE. Basically like any other ranged class. You have the added Shades which can corrupt and remove boons which can be VERY helpful on pushes and when you are pushed

For builds, tips and such. Would need to know how you plan to play. Zerg surfing? Group? Solo?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:My experience so far:

Solo: Anything Ranged = death. You have SO little defense and mobility that you get jumped by a ranged class you are dead. I have eyt to die to a single scourge when playing my SoulBeast Ranger. Because there is no counter to the insane ranged burst damage taken before you can even get attacks away. against Melee, it can be VERY, VERY strong. I am sort of Cele Boon Corruptor Power/Condi build and i am rather enjoying it so far. Its difficult to play and there are MANY builds that will count me (99.9% of them being Ranged) but its really interesting to play so far

Small Group: Strong. Very strong. As long as you dont get focused. You will be fine. You have the options of melee (like me) or you can go ranged Power (Axe) or Ranged Condi (staff/Scepter) AoE Boon removals and Corruptions can wreck groups.

Zergs: Same as Ranged Reaper/Necro. Stand at the back. Use all the AoE. Basically like any other ranged class. You have the added Shades which can corrupt and remove boons which can be VERY helpful on pushes and when you are pushed

For builds, tips and such. Would need to know how you plan to play. Zerg surfing? Group? Solo?

Hey, thanks for the answers!

Could you link us your build for Zerg content?

@WilnerGW.3275 said:Could you link us your build for Zerg content?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArfWnc0Ad3gl3AO9Cs9iF2BLaeFpeUUBgCQaS/jeSXpA-jFyCABCqP4UlgTfEA2b/hjfAAxp+zXK/A4QAQKgtGaB-w

This is what i currently run when im bored and fancy some Zerging. I basically just swap a few traits out, drom my Scepter/Focus and Dagger/torch in favor of Staff and Scepter/Torch. Gear wise the rest stays the same. A few trait changes, picking up the staff trait of course. I swap Epidemic in for more condition spreading

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQRArd4fnc0Ad9il3AO9Cs9iFzBjKAEBqT6r0Z6ON6f1p2UA-jVSBABlp8rRlgN/AAA4gAYwJAIw9HuT9HE1PQxRAgUAbN0C-w

This is the build i run in small group/roaming. As i said, a few changes here and there but nothing huge.

here you have one starting cheap variant what i think is good for start... everything u can buy on tp in exotic variants...

gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9C10gN9CG3As9iF2BjKAUAST6f0T6KNaeFpeUA-jFyCABZp8biHBQiKB9U9HA1HQxJAAgjAAe7PAA-w

And work until it looks litke thishttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condition_Scourge

Or exist another variant.... celestial stat.... its also good... ppl are using celestial when they play more gvg ( 25 vs 25 wvw guilds fights)But cele is harder to make :)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@WilnerGW.3275 said:Could you link us your build for Zerg content?

This is what i currently run when im bored and fancy some Zerging. I basically just swap a few traits out, drom my Scepter/Focus and Dagger/torch in favor of Staff and Scepter/Torch. Gear wise the rest stays the same. A few trait changes, picking up the staff trait of course. I swap Epidemic in for more condition spreading

This is the build i run in small group/roaming. As i said, a few changes here and there but nothing huge.

I really like your small group roaming build.Although I've not tried it, I can see very good synergy and all-round coverage.What amazed me was that your weapon choices are very unique and despite having zero condi transfer on your weapon sets, your build on a Scourge packs very good condi management traits coupled with F2.The build also packs a good boon corruption punch.Really really good!

A couple of queries I have though,

• How is the lifeforce generation when playing this build?
  • Is parasitic contagion worth taking over weakening shroud on a celestial build?
  • Is Sigil of Bursting and Force worth taking on a Celestial build?

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I really like your small group roaming build.Although I've not tried it, I can see very good synergy and all-round coverage.What amazed me was that your weapon choices are very unique and despite having zero condi transfer on your weapon sets, your build on a Scourge packs very good condi management traits coupled with F2.The build also packs a good boon corruption punch.Really really good!

A couple of queries I have though,

• How is the lifeforce generation when playing this build?
  • Is parasitic contagion worth taking over weakening shroud on a celestial build?
  • Is Sigil of Bursting and Force worth taking on a Celestial build?

Thanks ^^Yeah the reason i didnt pick up condi transfer was because while its not Condi immunity or anything like that i do have:Nefarious Favor: 2 Condis Into Boons. 6 and 1/2second cool downSand Cascade: 1 Condi removed. 6 and 1/2 second cool downDesert Shroud: Up to 4 Conditions removed. Cripple, Chill, Immob as well as 1 removed from BarrierConsume Conditions: All Conditions. 30second Cool down

While its not as good as say Ele, its still reasonably decent. Yeah i went with Boon hate, boon hate, boon hate. Combined with Deed From Corruption its very nice too be fair.

Life Force Gen is reasonable. In Scepter/Focus you have Feast of Corruption, Reaper's Touch as well as Desiccate. With Dagger/Torch you have Dagger Auto Attack, Harrowing Wave and again Desiccate. Dagger auto attack chain is like 10% of your Life Force per a chain. I normally switch between Desiccate and Epidemic. You can use Desiccate outside of combat to get life force which is useful

Parasitic Contagion is something that i am unsure about. Its very strong in groups, the lower the number of foes. The weaker it gets which is a real shame. Weakening Shroud looks good but you have to remember that 10second cool down is actually 16/20seconds due to Desert Shroud Cool down. Lingering Curses is another option just for that extra Condition damage. The problem is, its only working when you have Scepter equipped.

Bursting adds like 60condition damage, it is kinda meh but i am not a huge fan of sigils that have set requirements, like on Kill, on Crit and such. I have been wondering, just how good my old favorite - Sigil of Draining would be. Loved it on my Scepter/Shield and Staff Chrono. Had it on both sets. No cool down between procs and AoE interrupts = very nice :) As for Force, i do quite like it, it adds that little bit extra to damage as its not just a stat increase. Its a 5% increase to the dame you deal and Dagger hits fast so i think it works quite well.

Archived