Elite Specalization Suggestion : Duelist/Shadowdancer

Imperadordf.2687

I'm pretty new on the forums (like 4 months old) so I don't know if there was a post like that. I would be very happy if you inform me about it.

The Duelist

New Weapon: Sword Off-Hand

It is focused on staying on point/being able to fight like other classes while evading burst skills, but still doesn't have much resistance to damage nor does much damage.

First trait : Your Steal has been replaced with Disarm. Gain access to Stance skills.Disarm: Works like Steal, but instead of stealing a skill, it "disarms" the enemy so they can't use a random skill on their utility bar. If this skill successfully hits, you gain access to a random weapon skill of your enemy.

Utilities:

Water Dancer Stance : Heal yourself and evade the next attack. If this stance is active, heal yourself and nearby allies on hit.Fighter Stance: Evade attacks for a short time (2/4 seconds). When you hit an enemy in this stance, gain distortion for 1/4 seconds(2/4 seconds cooldown). This effect lasts for 4 seconds.

Shadow Stance : Gain stealth for 2 seconds and blind nearby enemies. If you hit a enemy in this stance, blind them and grant swiftness to nearby allies (1 2/4 seconds cooldown). This effect lasts for 6 seconds.

Assassin Stance : Gain 3 might and fury for 6 seconds. Grant half of this to nearby allies. When you hit an enemy, inflict 2 poison and 2 bleeding stacks (1 1/4 seconds cooldown). This effect lasts for 4.5 seconds.

Brawler Stance : Gain protection and resistance. Block the next incoming attack. When get hit by an enemy, gain resistance and protection for a short duration. This effect lasts for 4 seconds.

Elite > Duelist Stance : Gain 6 stacks of Might, Fury and Quickness. When you hit an enemy, inflict immobilize and chill for a short duration (2 seconds cooldown).

Adept Major Traits

Sharp Blades : Your sword attacks have a chance to inflict bleed on your enemy. Sword skills spend 1 less initiative.

The Brawler : When get hit, gain Aegis for 3 seconds. (7 seconds cooldown.)

Powerful Disenchanter : The next attack after entering stealth removes a boon from your enemy. (10 seconds cooldown.)

Minor Adept Trait

Huntdown : Gain initiative upon killing/downing an enemy.

Major Master Traits

Guardian of the Watch : Gain Protection for 1 seconds every interval. (6 seconds interval)

Agile Thief : Your next attack after executing a leap finisher inflicts bleed.

Last Wish : This skill is unique per game mode.Chance to execute a downed enemy with low health on hit. (PvP and WvW)Chance to execute an enemy with low health. Only works on Veteran or lesser. (PvE)(5 seconds cooldown.)

Minor Grandmaster Trait

Knock It Down : Your Disarm deals more damage and inflicts chill for a short duration.

Major Grandmaster Traits

Deadly Blade : Your melee attacks inflict bleed when they first hit in combat. (2 seconds cooldown.)

Water Dancer : Your attacks have a low chance to heal you if they hit. When this effect inflicts, evade attacks for a short duration.

Out of the Shadows : Your stealth attacks deal increased damage and have more chance to trigger Sharp Blades and Last Wish.

Off-hand Sword Skills :#4 Crippling Stab: Stab your foe and cripple them, then evade backwards. (4 initiative.)#5 Infiltrate : Shadowstep to your foe and inflict bleeding.(5 initiative)

Dual-wield skills :With sword mainhand : Leap to your foe while evading, hit your foe twice. (4 initiative - Leap finisher)

With dagger mainhand : Evade and hit your foe. If this hits while they are using a skill, daze them. (4 initiative) (This skill works like Flanking Strike)

With pistol mainhand: Hit your foe and leap back, shoot them. If both attacks hit, gain 1 initiative. (5 initiative)

Feel free to add things you would want.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:What's the deal with #5, Infiltrate? It's just a worse Infiltrator Strike (Sword #2).All the other weaponsets already have some form of gap-closer(You didn't specify if Disarm is a shadow-step or not), so unless the bleed is of asinine proportions, this seems a bit redundant to me.

Sorry I haven't thought on this much. Just wrote my first thought on it. I'll edit it as soon as I get to home.

By the way, Infiltrate was the worst idea of the entire spec. I just imagined a standard shadowstep skill with damage and condition. I will change it if I get a nice idea.

And yes, Disarm shadowsteps ( might change it to a leap though) and deals damage. (Like Mug)

Archived