EU potato servers

Rodzynald.5897

Okay so.... whenever I play gw2 on my dorm's internet or even back at home, it's all right and it's cool. The latency is just fine to play raids or whatever... but boy oh boy if I ever enter ranked matches.I even start with a few warm-up duels before ranked to see if the ping is alrighty. Time to queue up and WHOOP! 1k ping spikes at random. Game is smooth during a fight and BAM! 1-2k ping spike out of blue. To be honest, I haven't encountered such issues so many times in a row. There were single isntances of spikes in the past but it was like 3 or 4 during one pvp season and mostly because I share internet connection with my bro (and he likes to watch lots of YT videos while I play).But now? Heck, I queue up in the morning while everything is still fresh and the ping spikes still go crazy. I thought it must be on my side again, but I recall doing raids and fractals and I had none of such spikes while doing PvE content. Sooo.... what is up with those potato servers?

Would be no surprise to me if the drive towards condi spamming is creating 'some' server effects. A server might be running 100s of PvP games and I am pretty sure AoE effects will be more costly to process than DD. The result could be a server stutter when the AoE splatter across all the games land a bit too close together. Just a guess ofc.

@lilypop.7819 said:Would be no surprise to me if the drive towards condi spamming is creating 'some' server effects. A server might be running 100s of PvP games and I am pretty sure AoE effects will be more costly to process than DD. The result could be a server stutter when the AoE splatter across all the games land a bit too close together. Just a guess ofc.

lmao, good joke.

Archived