So in the spirit of the season decided to give Anet some love.
Basically this is a look back at GW2 pre and post HoT and PoF. Here's why I play.
- No monthly fee. I know many say it detracts from pay to win content, I will definitely disagree with many games abusing that model with a monthly fee.
- Living Story. May not always go the way I'd like, but it definitely adds to the story and keeps the game fresh as time marches on.
- Gliding. It was a good addition to the game that allowed for a more 3d style of tackling maps.
- Mounts. Love em, they may be a bit awkward at first but their addition to the game hasn't made it less fun for me.
- Elites. Much like mounts and gliders they can enrich gameplay.
- Halloween. Thanks for the additions, I truly enjoyed the holiday and gameplay.
- Taimi. That little Asura always brightens up the mission with her optimism and ambition.
- Eir. Besides her demise she was a major benefit to the game.
- Logan. For doing what's the best for others even when it could result in his demise.
- Rytlock. For being well Rytlock.
- Rox. Brings a good levity to the group.
- Marjory. Nice to see a Necro as someone focused on good.
- Zojja. Really stood out when taking on Zaithan.
- Teq, nice to see a world boss that brings soo many players together.
- Verdant Brink. Still my favorite HoT zone for it's diversity and night cycle that really changes play.
- DS Meta final fight it does feel like a large scale fight.
- Aurene. I know it's been a cutesy mini, but the story has made her feel more like a living entity and someone we care about.
- Mini games of HoT. Charr car is hands down my favorite, enjoyed the simplicity and fun of it.
- Tybalt. Still miss that kitten Charr.
- Acheivements. There are some that have been a grand addition to the lore and really make it all the more fun.
Hopefully there's more to look forward to, and many more fun stories in store for the future.