Hot - Personal Story. Last bosses fight.

OlsenSan.2987

Hi Peeps,

It is 9am here, and I just decided to make this post because I spent almost 3-4 hours on the last bosses fight and now I just decided to close the game and do not finish it. I didnt sleep, I wanted to finish my personal story before and at the end I feel like I just wasted my time. Some people adivised me, to bring other people to finish it. But I think it is too much for a personal story you have to bring others to get it done.

I play a daredevil build sin, with berserker gear. I actually after much struggling defeated the first 2 bosses. Eir and Pale Tree. Although I lost a lot of time in both. It is important to tell that I didnt need a tutorial to know how to fight them, because it is easy to find out during the fights what should be done. Even knowing what to do the machanics are very annoying and frustrating. Eir is kinda easy, as long as you practice 5 times you will end up defeating her. Pale Tree I had to change my whole build with what I had on my inventory. First I changed my build from daredevil to stealth with healing. And since I hadn't another pistol to break her mechanics I had to do using Short bow. first I wasted a lot of time to finally find out what I would need to improve on my gear/build and later I had to deal with what I had on my inventory and also had to buy instant repair tool on shopping or I couldnt go further. When I was all set with walkirie armor, Stealth with healing and short bow and vitality foods, I finally got to beat her.

The last boss isn't hard to figure it out his mechanics, but to execute those gliding isn't easy, specially because running a daredevil thief, or however is his build, if you make a mistake and fall you are automatically dead. After many tries I decided to close the game and I am not willing to go back to finish it.

The only reason why I do "stories" is to know the stories of characters. I already know what will happen so I can move on. I recognize some people enjoy these kind of difficulty, other people only run stories to know it, not really to be inside a endless puzzle or stressing gameplay during the whole story. Now if I wanted to try again, I had to run everything since start, I cant enter in the instance and just resume from where I left.

I think they should change it. They could give options to players run it on normal mode, or easy (story) mode. So everyone would be satisfied at the end.

I like to spend my time doing many activities inside the game, not spending 3-4 hours to finish only one, and if, for some reason I have to leave, Id have to run it all again. That's just frustrating.

If you don't want to hide in the shield, there is also a branch you can glide to which is safe from the rocks.

As for the initial fights, you picked the two hardest, so if you try again, you can make it easier on yourself by picking Braham & Canach. Canach is by far the easiest of the three as you can largely ignore his mechanics by staying ranged and not standing still, and Caithe / Pale Tree is the hardest.

I agree that overall, it's a tough and time consuming instance (even after you're familiar with it), and it would certainly be improved with some means of preserving progress if you can't complete it in a single sitting. However, it's old content now, and I doubt a change like this will happen now - best we can realistically hope for is that the lesson is learnt for future content.

Thanks guys for advice. Anyway, I tried again, going thru all bosses, Eir, Canach then mordremoth again but no success. I used Braham shield and when I had success avoiding his skill and he was at 25% hp, he spawns a lot of minions and cast some Dot aoe to the area you are in. I was going well, but then when I had to open portal with all minions remaining + aoes, I end up dying, couldnt avoid it and couldn't be ress'ed back because the dmg I was taking was higher than the healing. So this was officially my last try. With all the tips and with all the mechanicss it was already hard to do and then after I tresspass everything, there is more to be add to make it pointless. I already know the end of the story and already know which is the reward that we get, and I won't be missing anything.

Now I am on my way into LWS3.

When I did it on my Thief, I ultimately ended up using the branch "hack" during the air periods. I don't remember any of the other phases posing any difficulty, just that they were nauseatingly time-consuming because of his enormous health pool. On the last part, I just used my Shortbow to range down the zombies until the gauge was full. I think they deplete to some extent, and your mobility is good enough to where you can use the rift without risking dying.

I used P/P and Shortbow with a bunch of self-healing traits iirc, with very un-exceptional gear.

Archived