Salvage tool and Exotics [QoL]

Shirlias.8104

@rwolf.9571 said:I accidentally salvaged my pre-cursor "sends support ticket"Exotics don't drop often enough to warrant this. Unless your hoarding and clearing it all out at once.

or need dark matter.or simply is better to bet on ecto and insigna due to the low price.or you want the skins and then you have to salvage them.

How did you manage to salvage a precursor with the current system?It's cleary impossible.

Core pre-cursors drops are exotic. Don't under estimate a person deleting a pre-curser. It has happenend before.

I mean sure if your rich and buy alot of exotics off the tp. I could see that as a QoL issue.

The most exotics I ever had at once from drops is 10-12 (from PoF unidentified gear), and I only salvaged half of them. (rest listed on tp)

I'm in favor of consistency and see no particular reason why "salvage all exotics" wasn't included originally. However, I'd rather see other QoL changes in the game before this one. I can't imagine that it comes up often for more than a tiny fraction of the community.

For example, I just opened two stacks of unID rare pieces of gear, of which 61 were exotics. But I sold nearly all of them. "Salvage all" would have cost me, rather than benefited me.

@rwolf.9571 said:Exotics don't drop often enough to warrant this. Unless your hoarding and clearing it all out at once.

@Shirlias.8104 said:or simply is better to bet on ecto and insigna due to the low price.It's almost never financially "better" to bet on ecto + insignia/inscription.

@Shirlias.8104 said:or need dark matter.or you want the skins and then you have to salvage them.

Nothing is stopping you from doing this now. How often do you have more than 20 exotics? How much extra QoL can you expect?

@rwolf.9571 said:I accidentally salvaged my pre-cursor "sends support ticket"

@Shirlias.8104 said:How did you manage to salvage a precursor with the current system?It's cleary impossible.

Huh? The game treats precursors just the same as any other exotic. The warning message simply says it's a "very valuable piece of equipment."

The point is that with "salvage all" this would happen more often.

@Shirlias.8104 said:I guess you don't know how to manage items then.A precursor always into an invisibile bag, bank, or shared in slot.Perhaps you shouldn't assume. Personally, I've never accidentally salvaged a precursor because I don't even keep them in an invisible bag.

But more importantly, you said

@Shirlias.8104 said:How did you manage to salvage a precursor with the current system?It's cleary impossible.It's not impossible in the current system. There is a generic warning and a lot of people ignore warnings after the first time.

With the proposed system, it would happen more often.

There are no excuses imho.It shouldn't happen, true. But people make mistakes and ANet ends up having to deal with the support tickets that result. Accordingly, of course it's a factor when they are deciding whether to add or change a feature.

Even if you are clever enough not to need the protection.

Btw prec apart, at least a non warning message.I'm not sure what that means.

It's really frustrating to have to click every single item.How many items is "every single item" when it comes to exotics? Nearly everyone has call to salvage 50 to 100 or more masterwork/under at a time. Plenty of people deal with that many rares. But how many players do you think need to deal with even 10 exotics at a time? And how many times a month?

@Shirlias.8104 said:I guess you don't know how to manage items then.A precursor always into an invisibile bag, bank, or shared in slot.

There are no excuses imho.Btw prec apart, at least a non warning message.

It's really frustrating to have to click every single item.

Alot of players like to carry there pre-cursors on their main (the many times ppl have hotlinked their cursors in raids/fractals). Alot of ppl don't have invisible bags. I have accidentally clicked salvaged all and destroyed potential profit of my unidentified gear. Honestly I see this more of a thing to protect the general public from there own stupidity (as in my case alot of blue/green unidentified gear I could've gotten rares out of) If you ever watched any fail videos or crash compilations that further enforces that.

Accidents happen, and I would hate to accidentally salvage stacks of ecto or 2nd set of exotic gear. (on the other hand be nice for those maxing out their mf salvaging ectos). And I sure Anet does not want more support tickets of ppl accidentally salvaging/deleting their items.

I'm sure it be fine to add that option, with the caveat that it be turned off by default/crossed off as an option. Only then you can squarely blame the user for mistakes. Because we've all experienced accidentally clicking "compact" in our bags.

@rwolf.9571 said:I'm sure it be fine to add that option, with the caveat that it be turned off by default/crossed off as an option. Only then you can squarely blame the user for mistakes. Because we've all experienced accidentally clicking "compact" in our bags.

I disagree.People mystakes happen because they are in a hurry

Here the complete list of what to do in order to lose a item you want ( ie, a precursor )

1) Get the precursor2) Do not put it into an invisible bag, bank or shared inventory slot3) Doubleclick on tool4) Click on the item5) Receive and read the warning message6) Valitate with OK

Really, something like this could only happen if the player is carefree about what happens to him.Knowing the cost of the precursor, the fact that it is in your bag, the fact that in your bag there are also other exotics and the fact that you are going to shard some of em give no possibility of error.

It's the player itself that is not careful enough, and there are some way to prevent this fail from happening.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 : whatever the number of exotic players use, since the exotic equipment tends to have no value since the free ascendend, an option would be really appreciated. I don't want to force anybody to /salvageallexotics or /nocheckperexotic, but the possibility would be nice for those who shard way too much.

Between the TP delay and Exotic warning really i don't know which is worse ( the first obviously. It was just to underline the fact that time sinks like these are really a pita for those who play TP ).

Archived