Unique Music per Zone

Blur.3465

Greetings,First of all, I want to say a big thank you to the ANet sound and music team! HoT and PoF soundtracks are amazing and they captured the soul of Tyria better than the core game music did.The thing that truly puts me off and kills the immersion, unfortunately, is that no zone feels unique. Sometimes same music will keep playing, or music that just doesn't fit the area.Say in Orr I sometimes get those jolly tunes playing, which completely kills the immersion.I have to say that Heart of Maguuma hit the nail with music in zones, when I hear music from Verdant Brink I just know that I am there! Or Auric Basin, or Dragon Stand! Each zone had that unique feel when it comes to music and it's definitely something that should be implemented to the core game as well.However, another thing I've noticed is that PoF music sometimes feels out of place in certain areas. I played GW1 for 6 years and I know the soundtrack for each zone by heart, this is where my complaint comes:

Crystal Oasis gets 'The Desolation' music to play, then Desolation zone which is gloomy and sad suddenly gets cheerful Vabbian music playing! Or the classic Istan music which completely doesn't fit the atmosphere of the zone!Desert Highlands gets two amazing tunes which are more than fitting and give the zone a unique feel to it, but then again, even when these tunes end I get the cheerful Vabbian music.Is there a way, maybe in the future, that we get more unique zone music without the repetitive tracks playing in each and every zone we go to? It truly kills the immersion D:

Thanks and keep up the great work!

My top favorite tracks from PoF are:"Veins of the Dragon","Tomb of the Primeval Kings","On the Banks of Elon","Veterans of the Desolation".

I absolutely support this suggestion. Like OP said, nothing breaks immersion like fighting in the gloomy Orr lands with a jolly song playing. I don't think it's too much of a coding hassle and it would help the immersion. It might also be a good occasion to polish the feature as there are bugs; not all songs playing, randomization not always occurring, underwater music playing when on land...

Exactly!I was hoping for this to get fixed ever since the release to be fair. I'm still having high hopes that maybe, just maybe the team will look into it and make every zone sound unique.It would be great if music could stop playing when you change zones too and not (for example) have Dinivity's Reach music playing when I travel to Maguuma or Ascalon, etc.

Archived