Why can't I remove/block people from my own group?

Adamant.2543

Basically title. I decide to try my hand at dungeons, so I start listing my own groups "P1,2,3, 80s". Every single time, some random people who are level 12 join up, and I have to vote kick every one of them. To add insult to injury, it's impossible to prevent them from rejoining, so they get kicked, and half a millisecond later they're back in the group. This is insane, and frankly, killing my desire to get anywhere near grouped content when it's so impossible to control who joins your own groups.

I think best reason that there no leader or 'owner' of a party/group anymore. So what this mean is that your importance as individual is on same priority as everyone else's. If someone else has friended an individual while you have them blocked instead, this person should still be able to join your group (and imo this is fine as it is). Same reasoning with squad formation i think - one individual whom 1-2 others in a 50man squad have blocked, shouldn't be prevent from joining just cos of this silly reason.

The way it plays out is much different in game though, far from the ideal. What happens is these childish tiffs are actually encouraged - because the role of leader in a raid squad is clear cut, this person can do exactly what you are advocating for i.e. they can kick someone they had a personal history with, no matter how trivial or non-consequential. Its rather silly and yes you can deny someone from 10man group just cos you don't like them or because they have low ap or mastery points - this is a fact atm.

@nagr.1593 said:I think best reason that there no leader or 'owner' of a party/group anymore. So what this mean is that your importance as individual is on same priority as everyone else's. If someone else has friended an individual while you have them blocked instead, this person should still be able to join your group (and imo this is fine as it is). Same reasoning with squad formation i think - one individual whom 1-2 others in a 50man squad have blocked, shouldn't be prevent from joining just cos of this silly reason.

The way it plays out is much different in game though, far from the ideal. What happens is these childish tiffs are actually encouraged - because the role of leader in a raid squad is clear cut, this person can do exactly what you are advocating for i.e. they can kick someone they had a personal history with, no matter how trivial or non-consequential. Its rather silly and yes you can deny someone from 10man group just cos you don't like them or because they have low ap or mastery points - this is a fact atm.

But sometimes two people just don't get along and keeping them separated is best for everyone involved, including the other members in the party who may not know either of them. If one of those 2 people starts an LFG, the one that joins should be the one kicked. Or preferably, not allowed to join in the first place - saving time for all parties involved.

Now it should only be you're not allowed join groups of people who blocked you. It's on you if you joined the group of someone you blocked (maybe you're giving them another chance, but don't want to take them off just in case).

Players who aren't gold sellers or spammers really should do some introspection if they find themselves on a large number of players' block lists. A handful and it's probably just personality conflicts that aren't anyone's fault. But if it becomes a large number, then there might be something on the player being blocked's end of the issue.

@Adamant.2543 said:Basically title. I decide to try my hand at dungeons, so I start listing my own groups "P1,2,3, 80s". Every single time, some random people who are level 12 join up, and I have to vote kick every one of them. To add insult to injury, it's impossible to prevent them from rejoining, so they get kicked, and half a millisecond later they're back in the group. This is insane, and frankly, killing my desire to get anywhere near grouped content when it's so impossible to control who joins your own groups.

The change was done back then to prevent people from abusing the power as the party leader. As well as to get people cooperate. A good thing if you ask me. It simply came with the bad side effects of taking all of the power from the party creator. The recent issues with people merging parties in squads to either troll them or to punish them is another effect of the party system change.

@Henry.5713 said:

@Adamant.2543 said:Basically title. I decide to try my hand at dungeons, so I start listing my own groups "P1,2,3, 80s". Every single time, some random people who are level 12 join up, and I have to vote kick every one of them. To add insult to injury, it's impossible to prevent them from rejoining, so they get kicked, and half a millisecond later they're back in the group. This is insane, and frankly, killing my desire to get anywhere near grouped content when it's so impossible to control who joins your own groups.

The change was done back then to prevent people from abusing the power as the party leader. As well as to get people cooperate. A good thing if you ask me. It simply came with the bad side effects of taking all of the power from the party creator. The recent issues with people merging parties in squads to either troll them or to punish them is another effect of the party system change.

Actually, I think the primary reason for moving from having a party leader was due to the fact that the leader owned the instance and if the leader left the instance for whatever reason, it would boot everyone. Whether it was because they the leader left the instance, was kicked, or they lost internet.

They don't add this because it's not worth the ton of extra customer support work it would lead to. People write to CS about the smallest issue, believe me. It would mean a ton of people blocked, a ton of support tickets because "why can't I join a party?" and dungeons have such a small playerbase that it would be unsustainable on the long run anyway.

Side note, give the noobs a chance, I've had far worse experience with terrible 80+ players with masteries than with noobs who just needed some guidance.

Archived