can someone please help me understand this??

trunks.5249

i thought i would try my hand at a soul beast build so i modified my trapper to this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV8fnE8CdrglrAOsAUtgFHBLv4mcfuNfrMXFgJAstqclI+5A-jpRAQB7rMgHOCAk8CAEgDCw62fAAPAAA however i could not get out of silver so i switched to my old druid trapper http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV8fjMqQ3KWuCOsAVLWcEM4k6UNryEA2WVumvVmrCUy3OD-jpRAQBrb/BSeBAAwDAwDHBgAcQA2XZAA on paper it looks to me like i could survive longer and do good damge with the soul beast build but i got face rolled and could not make it to gold however has soon has i went to the druid trapper i made it to gold very quick. so i need to ask am i missing something? with that tree in the soul beast form i should do better then the druid but i don't i am a lot worse. i hope anyone with experience with a condi ranger can tell me why the soul beast build is not working has good has the druid trapper. thank you for any help you can provide

Trapper is a vulnerable build, the defensive abilities of the druid complement it better in pvp than the soulbeast. The soulbeast build gains a few interesting skills, more stability/stunbreaks and more unblockables. Otherwise, it's just a damage buff.

Trapper is pretty bad right now, and if you can do gold as a trapper, you can probably do plat with a proper druid build. My 2 cents.

Druid overall is just a lot better in PvP. I quickly scanned your builds, and I saw that your Soulbeast doesnt have any stunbreak equipped. In terms of condi cleanse, Druidic Clarity wins over Bear Stance also. I don't play Soulbeast in PvP, but I would try to equip the trait Unstoppable Union instead of Live Fast. But I'd advise you to move from (especially condi) soulbeast in PvP in general.

Yes, I can confirm that plat with soulbeast is possible, but with a power build. You can down a player in less than a second at times, it feels very fun. But it starts to get significantly weaker in plat. Its all about lining up a one wolf pack, with rapid fire (unblockable), quickness and any other damage buffs you can find. Make sure to pick a target who is out of dodges, and forced to rely on blocks. (aka nothing)

Archived