The Hero of Istan (Spoilers)

Rikimaru.7890

So here is the thing, during the mission you break out of prison by getting the guards drunk with some corsair booze.So can anyone explain to me how does that actually work? Well normally it might, but the thing is all the guards are Awakened.So are you telling me that despite being walking corpses their biochemical processes did not cease to function?If so why do they get all rotten and stuff like that? I mean I understand that they may have a symbolical toast, but the result would be pretty much like the scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, where Barbossa shows his skeletal form to Elizabeth and starts drinking wine which only flows through him right on the ship deck.More over the Necropolis Heart Quest strongly implies that many if not all awakened have their intestines removed, so there is no way they could digest the alcohol.

Now if this was booze mixed with holy water that would make sense, as the holy water would give undead the "hangover" of their unlife.But as it is now it just doesn't make any sense, can anyone from ANET elaborate on this please?Seriously every time I think about it I keep seeing Bela Lugosi playing Dracula reciting his famous quote “I never drink... wine.”

You're actually pretty close to the mark: It's magic booze. It's stated by a few NPCs that there's something about the recipe that gives it a kick that can even drop Awakened.

One of the ingredients is water from the Astralarium which is supposed to have something special about it, so it might even be that there actually is the Tyrian equivalent of holy water in there.

Archived