Asura of GW2: a Humans of New York inspired creation

Charybdizs.7490

Do any of you follow Humans of New York on Facebook? It's this like, fantastic page where this dude goes around and talks to people who look approachable, takes pics with them, and gets them to spill some of their most thoughtful stories about themselves. Some of the stuff he gets is funny, some of the stuff he gets will make you cry - I don't really know how he does it. Seems like most people wouldn't give him the time of day in a city like NYC.

Either way, I love the idea, and I've been wanting to do something similar for GW2, for a while now. You know, talk to some players, learn a little bit about them, broaden our perspectives on the world and the deep characters of the people around us. So, I made this video:

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

@Fundor.2098 said:That's a great video! I hope we'll be seeing more of these in the future! :)

I might make more! I've really been thinking about it! I'd just like to find a less obnoxious way to find interviewees than using map chat to ask everyone if they want to. If only I could leave around like, banners asking for it, lol.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Once I tried to talk to my co-workers about how beautiful the scenery was in GW2. I went on Youtube and found some videos of vistas, but they were all castle vistas in the video. Your video is fantastically beautiful, and one I would be happy to show as an example of the beauty of the game.

Yeah... GW2 has some of the most dreamy and beautiful scenery I've ever seen, especially when you get into Heart of Thorns. My screenshots folder is like, 3000 pictures long by now. I'm honestly surprised it isn't longer though considering how nuts I go with the camera sometimes.

Archived