Rune of the Holosmith

Adamantium.3682

Link

What does everyone think? I love the approach of making the runes a little more unique and exciting than just a flat percentage bonus, chance to burn, etc. I'm not totally sold that this will be better than other options for damage in PvE, but possibly in PvP the vitality is useful and in shorter group fights on capture points the free Laser Disk could be pretty good.

I'm assuming the Laser Disk from the rune is the same one as the Exceed utility skill, and would also benefit from heat level.

@Adamantium.3682 said:Yeah that's weird if another profession uses it, but there are already many runes like that. Citadel, Fire, Surging, Rata Sum (kinda), Earth, Svanir. I'm sure there are others.

I think it adds a neat element to the game and allows for more creative usage of runes.

All of those are pretty unique affects though, Holosmith runes straight up rip the skill off of holosmith and slap it on a rune anyone can use which is why I don't like it. But oh well.

Not overly crazy about the runes, but it's a an option if you want that extra disk and hit below 75% HP a lot. I generally prefer runes that have a more universal application, such as runes of the traveler or runes of melandru. They complement any build and provide better passive bonuses.

Archived