About the naming of gw2 in the roaming folder

I'm assuming you're using Windows and have 2 GW2 installations, one for China and one for NA/EU?

Open notepad and paste the following:

setlocalset USERPROFILE=%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1Gw2-64.exe %*

Save this as Gw2-64.bat and place it in your secondary GW2 install folder, along side Gw2-64.exe. Change your shortcuts for this installation from Gw2-64.exe toGw2-64.bat. If you're 32-bit and using Gw2.exe instead, simply replace every instance of Gw2-64 with Gw2.

When using this script, Local.dat will be located under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1/AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2/.

If it wasn't obvious, this script is creating a fake user directory and launching GW2 with it. This also means any screenshots taken will be located here. If you don't want that, you can merge the documents folders by opening a command prompt and running:

mklink /J "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1/Documents/Guild Wars 2" "%userprofile%/Documents/Guild Wars 2"

@Healix.5819 said:I'm assuming you're using Windows and have 2 GW2 installations, one for China and one for NA/EU?

Open notepad and paste the following:

setlocalset USERPROFILE=%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1Gw2-64.exe %*

Save this as Gw2-64.bat and place it in your secondary GW2 install folder, along side Gw2-64.exe. Change your shortcuts for this installation from Gw2-64
.exe
toGw2-64
.bat
. If you're 32-bit and using Gw2.exe instead, simply replace every instance of Gw2-64 with Gw2.

When using this script, Local.dat will be located under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1/AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2/.

If it wasn't obvious, this script is creating a fake user directory and launching GW2 with it. This also means any screenshots taken will be located here. If you don't want that, you can merge the documents folders by opening a command prompt and running:

mklink /J "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/1/Documents/Guild Wars 2" "%userprofile%/Documents/Guild Wars 2"

Although the folder is generated(Guild Wars 2/1/AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2/), the two clients still conflict with each other and still need to update the configuration file. and the configuration file will not be automatically saved to the new folder(It's always empty).

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:Although the folder is generated(Guild Wars 2/1/AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2/), the two clients still conflict with each other and still need to update the configuration file. and the configuration file will not be automatically saved to the new folder(It's always empty).

By configuration file, I'm assuming you mean Local.dat. I can only confirm that the script works for NA/EU accounts on Windows 7+. If you were also wanting to run multiple accounts at the same time, GW2 only allows a single instance, so you'll need to additionally kill the mutex to allow it.

Another method is to create a new Windows user and use it to launch the game. This user requires a password to do this.

To quickly create an account (using cmd.exe):net user USERNAME PASSWORD /add(you may need to login to this user to initialize the account)

To launch the game using this user (you'll be asked for the password on your first run):runas /user:USERNAME /savecred "C:\Path\To\Gw2-64.exe"

Depending on where GW2 is installed, you may need to allow access for other accounts. Simply right click GW2's install folder > properties > security > edit > add > everyone with full control. (or you can be more specific)

If you just want to run one an account at a time, you could also simply rename the %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ folder on each launch. Name one "Guild Wars 2 CN" and the other to "Guild Wars 2 NA" for example. Make a script for each client to launch it. For example, NA would be:

rmdir "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2"mklink /J "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2" "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2 NA"Gw2-64.exe

@Healix.5819 said:

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:Although the folder is generated(Guild Wars 2/1/AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2/), the two clients still conflict with each other and still need to update the configuration file. and the configuration file will not be automatically saved to the new folder(It's always empty).

By configuration file, I'm assuming you mean Local.dat. I can only confirm that the script works for NA/EU accounts on Windows 7+. If you were also wanting to run multiple accounts at the same time, GW2 only allows a single instance, so you'll need to additionally kill the mutex to allow it.

Another method is to create a new Windows user and use it to launch the game. This user requires a password to do this.

To quickly create an account (using cmd.exe):net user
USERNAME
PASSWORD
/add(you may need to login to this user to initialize the account)

To launch the game using this user (you'll be asked for the password on your first run):runas /user:
USERNAME
/savecred "C:\Path\To\Gw2-64.exe"

Depending on where GW2 is installed, you may need to allow access for other accounts. Simply right click GW2's install folder > properties > security > edit > add > everyone with full control. (or you can be more specific)

If you just want to run one an account at a time, you could also simply rename the %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ folder on each launch. Name one "Guild Wars 2 CN" and the other to "Guild Wars 2 NA" for example. Make a script for each client to launch it. For example, NA would be:

rmdir "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2"mklink /J "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2" "%appdata%/Guild Wars 2 NA"Gw2-64.exe

At present,I use self - compressed files to solve this problem, but I still want to avoid this problem thoroughly

Archived