Used name change kit, lost titles

Hello I used the name change kit to change my characters name, and I lost my titles from GW1-HOM

Received this letter:

Greetings,My records indicate you are one of the recent recipients of the title "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals."Congratulations!However, I have some unfortunate news. Your title was the result of my golem, LOR-748, believing you earned the honor and issuing the esteemed accolade. Now, there's no way my golem made any sort of miscalculation, which means there is only one explanation: The Eternam Alchemy itself is wrong.

To clarify, the illegal modifications I made to LOR-748's title-issuing program had absolutely nothing to do with this title-issuing mistake.

In an effort to remedy this erro-again, not mine-- your title and any other unearned Hall of Monuments rewards must be revoked. This is regrettable, but the Alchemy is a living thing that, if not corrected, corrects itself-- and one one wants to leave this up to the uncaring universe. This reversal will also keep the Arcane Council from incarcerating me until, as they put it, "your bones turn to dust."Apologies,Scholar Aiti

These mails are terrifying for players who spent thousands of hours obtaining titles in Guild Wars. It occurs from time to time and I still hope ArenaNet will come with a solid solution.

Until that time- Try to:

1. Log out of Guild Wars 2
  2. Log in to Guild Wars 1
  3. Log out of Guild Wars 1
  4. Log in to Guild Wars 2.

Then check if your titles have been restored. This works most of the time. If not, contact support.

Archived