Tyria event scaling

Goettel.4389

I played at launch but dropped out a year or so after so I skipped a lot of the ~~vanilla ~~ chocolate epoch and dropped back in late in HoT. I was very happy with the more brutal event scaling going on there. Now doing dailies in a group of about 15 people I'm wondering if there's been any movement on proper event scaling back in old Tyria? This seems like a huge problem and I'm surprised it exists.

It looks like the only time ANet touches the core maps is to add new things (collections maybe, occasional story vignettes like the ley line stuff, the nine newish Tyria mastery communes, etc.) Everything else (all the old stuff) in core maps is probably legacy content at this point, and will not see any changes.

As to the sorry state of event scaling, core stuff has been nerfed enough that it scaling has been inadequate for a long time. Scaling is especially not robust enough to deal with the power creep that came with Elite Specs. The situation is even worse in the daily map. In fact, events dailies in low-level maps produce the worst game-play I've ever seen in an MMO with players camping mob spawn points and spamming AoE in the hope of getting event credit.

ANet either does not see this as a problem, or are focused solely on producing new content. They may believe that the players who hang out in core like it the way it is. They may not have the resources to do a comprehensive core revamp while simultaneously feeding the voracious content devourer that is is the MMO fan base. If you're looking for more engaging open world game play, stay in HoT, the Living Season maps (there are 6) and/or Path of Fire.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:events dailies in low-level maps produce the worst game-play I've ever seen in an MMO with players camping mob spawn points and spamming AoE in the hope of getting >event credit.This, exactly.I guess what I read somewhere, that the Tyria code is so choppy the devs don't 'dare' touch it in fear of breaking something might be true, since I can't fathom why else ANet would be happy with this . And since this is a daily annoyance it has a lot more impact on perceived quality of content than needed IMO.Adding extra HoT and PoF daily options for 3/3 completion would help.

Archived