Thanks for the comments, I didnt understand much back then.

Jabu Jabu.3971

That is the problem with there being no true split between PvP and PvE balance. You nerf one you end up indirectly nerfing the other.

Condi builds in fractals and dungeons were already questionable before the patch but okay on CM because the bosses lived long enough to deal damage. Now it is in extreme favor of power dps. I would be semi okay with this if there wasn't only 3 viable power builds in the game right now.

but not pve since i feel all classes were pretty balanced as dps.

Seriously? There is more than 10k dps diference between top dps and bottom and you say that it was balanced? Some professions do more than 20% dps than other, By no mean is it in a balanced state.With the patch they didn't reduced the condition damage, they just made it so you need more ramp up time to achieve max dps. PvE wise, it's difficult to say that it was a "nerf".

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

Seriously? There is more than 10k dps diference between top dps and bottom and you say that it was balanced? Some professions do more than 20% dps than other, By no mean is it in a balanced state.With the patch they didn't reduced the condition damage, they just made it so you need more ramp up time to achieve max dps. PvE wise, it's difficult to say that it was a "nerf".

lol you clearly didn't read what i wrote...or you just read what you wanted xD read better. What does it mean for you to favourite even more power classes that were already stronger in fractals content? And math is simple, same damage in more time is dps loss lol, but my point is not more or less dps, cause i know it remained the same more or less". Now in a content like raid it doesnt really matter if you deal same dmg over longer time because fights LAST, but others fight are pretty short you know. But i want you to explain me why in pve Condition builds should have less burst then power ones? There is no point at all. Some classes are easier, some harder but all have different playstyles. Sorry your point doesnt hold. And there were only 2 classes before patch stronger than others, one was weaver, which has always been, and the other the mirage. all other classes were between 31-34k for me this is pretty balanced lol. and considering weaver/tempest should be the dps class for excellence since the begenning this is not so wrong lol. But again this is not my point. Read my post again better to get it

@Chris McSwag.4683 said:If you cared a lot about burst, you weren’t running condi dps in fractals even before the patch. The patch changed more in terms of what people think, than actual damage.

uhm, no i played different condi classes before patch, and you didn't get the point probably. That is clearly a nerf in fractals and other contents lol, i specifically said that I wasnt talking about raids, where it's possible to achieve max dps with condi since fights are long enough... And i dont care for the burst itself lol, i care for the varety of the game, and In fractals now it's just silly to play any condi dps class. I can ensure you i as many other people were open to most if not all builds before patch, now try to go on a decent party with a condi dps and dont get kicked xD but think what you want. As this was the first time that a nerf that should have been applied to PvP/WvW only affects PvE aswell right...

@Mamma il Dio.2074 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

lol you clearly didn't read what i wrote...or you just read what you wanted xD read better. What does it mean for you to favourite even more power classes that were already stronger in fractals content? And math is simple, same damage in more time is dps loss lol, but my point is not more or less dps, cause i know it remained the same more or less". Now in a content like raid it doesnt really matter if you deal same dmg over longer time because fights LAST, but others fight are pretty short you know. But i want you to explain me why in pve Condition builds should have less burst then power ones? There is no point at all. Some classes are easier, some harder but all have different playstyles. Sorry your point doesnt hold. And there were only 2 classes before patch stronger than others, one was weaver, which has always been, and the other the mirage. all other classes were between 31-34k for me this is pretty balanced lol. and considering weaver/tempest should be the dps class for excellence since the begenning this is not so wrong lol. But again this is not my point. Read my post again better to get it

Why it doesn't matter in PvE that there is a longer ramp up: Because mobs have overwhelmingly larger health pool than player. This mean that you will need some time to kill them and thus a spec that have a slower ramp up but a is also more stable over time is still good if not better. What you don't look at is that overall, condi specs now do more damage when you are avoiding mechanisms than before. In the end what you lost in burst is gained in sustained damage.

As for the balance of dps, nope, you don't get it. Weaver/tempest do not "deserve" to be head above every other. That's not what we call a "balanced" state. At the moment pure DPS specs range from 27.5k to 37.17k on small target and 27.5k to 45.7k on large target. That is not "balanced". If all profession were ranging from 30k to 33k, you would be right but fact is that they are not.

And it's not all, some professions provide support and a dps that put some professions that only provide dps to shame. This is not balanced either.

On one side, usually the "meta" professions, you got professions that have either overwhelming dps or very good dps on top of a lot of support and on another side, "non meta" professions, you got professions that barely exist in raid because while their support is either non existent or subpar they also lack competitive dps in front of some overwhelming number that you can see on a few professions.

So no! This is not balanced in any way. You were just satisfied with what you had but don't say that it was balanced, it's never been. Especially the elementalist, if it's damage were close to others on small hitbox and way above other on large hitbox, you might be able to say that it's balanced but that's not the case. A balanced state for weaver would be him dealing 33k on small hitbox and 40+k on large hitbox but we know it's not the case. As for tempest it's hard to justify the fact that with all it's support (since it was supposed to be a support spec) it can still deal above 30k dps. What's interesting with tempest is that despite being head above most other professions in dps, the meta already kicked him out due to weaver. It's sad how bad the balance is.

Archived