Holosmith Sustain Question (new to engineer)

Chankster.1342

Hello everyone,

I have recently created an engineer and have been slowly gearing him towards a power Holosmith build. My main toon is a staff daredevil and I was wondering what is the best way to sustain yourself as a holosmith? I'm coming from a character with Invigorating Precision which is great self-sustain and I was wondering if Engineer/Holosmith can offer anything comparable or reasonably close to this? Mainly asking for PvE open-world.

Thank you in advance.

Healing Turret and water field blasting. IMO that is what it matters for sustain on Engie. There are some very useful stuff for protection on alchemy traitline, but IMO it is too much for open world. For Holo, IMO is better to just learn how to kill really fast and run. If you still feel too squishy, then don't go with berserker gear.

I've found that the key to sustain with the Holosmith is going in and out of Photon Forge as much as possible to get Heat Therapy to trigger. This combined with the healing skill (I prefer Coolant Blast) is usually enough sustain for me. If I need more than this, I also can slot in the utility Elixir gun for the tool belt skill Healing Mist and the 5 skill Super Elixir. You can also take Healing Turret as Ardid suggested above and blast water fields for healing. You are sitting on about 5K more life than the Thief (both in Berserker gear) which goes a long way to make the Holosmith inherently sturdy compared to the Thief.

Archived