Run speed or condi damage

Ghorman.1368

How much is ~150 condi damage really? This is for WvW.

The reason I ask is because I like playing my condi mirage but the lack of run speed kills me because I'm use to a thief or ranger with 33% run buff all the time. I pulled out my rune of perplexity and replaced them with travelers. Everything is pretty close in stats but condi damage; how much damage in "real numbers" do you think I'm giving up? Another option I've been thinking about is using signet of inspiration in a util slot. Bottom line is I want my cake and eat it too.

Builds:Perplexity - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNArfWlknhy0YjawINwtGLvGmf/bAeARDA5kjQZC43ENA-jFyCQBU4IAUQ1fqoyv6pP4YnCglt/AKVCCgHAApAmUnG-wTravelers - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNArfWlknhy0YjawINwtGLvGWZC43ENQDA5kjgf/bAeAB-jFyCQBH7UAURlfU4IAsn9Hqn+gCq+DKVCCgHAApAmUnG-w

I wish that the effects of the +movement speed utility consumables such as writ of masterful speed were made available at the wvw provisioner.

Say 5 badges plus some silver for +25% movement speed for 30 mins.

I mean surely that's reasonable. It's utterly ludicrous the price of these utilities on the TP given they're all locked behind scribing. Hell even the useless Swift Moa Feather is a few gold...

Or even give us some cheap utility consumable that we can either buy or craft for 5-30 silver.

It's 25% movement speed for gods sake - it should be available as a relatively inexpensive consumable enhancement, not stupid amounts of gold.

@"Ghorman.1368" said:Well, I have scribing at 400 but the cost of the writs just don't seem worth for a long term fix.

That's what I'm getting at - Anet added these consumables to the game but I'd wager the vast majority of players can't afford to use them because of the insane gold cost that doesn't reflect the "power" of the consumable compared with cheaper stat boost utility consumables.

Which is stupid because a consumable that provides 25% movement should be widely available at a reasonable cost such as 10/20silver or similar, allowing more player flexibility in build options (especially for wvw). Hence I'd like to see something cheaper added to the wvw provisioner or failing that a new recipe in the next LW patch using more accessible and cheaper ingredients.

Sorry my rant's not aimed at you, this one is squarely at Anet because the current +movement speed consumable situation is ridiculous. :(

@PierPiero.9142 said:I use traveler on a power setup and it is quite good. I usually play condi chrono if i want to go condi or power mirage . I find power mirage in some situation better than condi for wvw .I would go so far and say most situations. Condi mesmer is a one-trick pony in 1v1 vs enemies with poor condi cleanse. At just that, it can be very good. Against anything else such as 1v1 vs enemies with decent condi cleanse, small scaling or zerging, it lacks the oomph to pressure enemies especially at range and AoE. If you do various things in one sitting, it's very mediocre and even less flexible than a thief.

I've ran duo with power and condi mesmer and to sum it up in one generic comment - the power mesmer will have knocked the enemy hp down 30-50% before the condi mesmer even start to apply condi.

For PvP its a little difference since you're gonna force the situation where they are better and take advantage of it's pros. It's not hard to keep track of your enemies, who to fight and who to avoid or where to go. In WvW... well you cant really control stuff and can encounter anything at any time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@PierPiero.9142 said:I use traveler on a power setup and it is quite good. I usually play condi chrono if i want to go condi or power mirage . I find power mirage in some situation better than condi for wvw .I would go so far and say
most
situations. Condi mesmer is a one-trick pony in 1v1 vs enemies with poor condi cleanse. At just that, it can be very good. Against anything else such as 1v1 vs enemies with decent condi cleanse, small scaling or zerging, it lacks the oomph to pressure enemies especially at range and AoE. If you do various things in one sitting, it's very mediocre and even less flexible than a thief.

I've ran duo with power and condi mesmer and to sum it up in one generic comment - the power mesmer will have knocked the enemy hp down 30-50% before the condi mesmer even start to apply condi.

For PvP its a little difference since you're gonna force the situation where they are better and take advantage of it's pros. It's not hard to keep track of your enemies, who to fight and who to avoid or where to go. In WvW... well you cant really control stuff and can encounter anything at any time.

For SPVP the difference is that staff is a great and super effective weapon around a point ( staff 2 is great ) but it is not so effective in open field where it is too slow.I really don't love gs but i find it more effective than staff in wvw where people move around in openspace , Gs has a range burst that staff does not have . For spvp , it is another story but the game mechanic itself is really different

Archived